Most beautiful hockey plays that didn't result in a goal?

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
Might as well keep them coming since he is a human highlight reel. This one was as a rookie, in OT of Game 3 of the Finals.

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
Easy answer! Wayne Gretzky, March 14th, 1986 vs. Detroit (final season of the 'Dead Wings' era).

Should see it here, if this embedded properly (sequence starts at about 5:00):

Gretzky does some of the fanciest stickhandling ever seen and passes to a wide-open Jari Kurri -- then, the NHL's top goal-scorer -- and Kurri... misses the net.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Datsyuk's got too many of these. For all the highlight reel goals he has, there are 3 or 4 that could have been just as good or better that didn't result.

Some of the best are in these compilations, some goals in there too but mostly cool dekes that didn't turn into goals:

Bougieman

Nov 12, 2008
Vancouver
Love that first shift of Bure's, but Kyle Wellwood has two of my fave "almost goals" in Canucks history. This one:

And there is another one that is even better, but I can't find it on youtube. There were only a handful of seconds left on the clock, and he went on a one man mission, and *did* actually score, but was a second too slow, and he ran out of time to tie the game. If anyone knows which game that was in, please post the vid because I know it's on youtube, but I can't track it down.

olop

Jan 28, 2012

That's a better pass than what he was capable of doing with stick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad