most aesthetically pleasing hcanes goal all time thread

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
what goal has been scored by this disgraceful franchise that is the most beautiful to watch? i dont mean some garbage chad goal or like justin williams empty net bs to win the stanley cup a decade ago, those are ugly. the situation surrounding a goal has no bearing on its attractiveness, and if you try to use context to make a goal seem more alluring then i am going to nag you out of this thread so hard and fast... oh boy

so lets take a look at some examples shall we

ExaltedLiveEarthworm.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xf446vU7fQo

a well executed toe drag into a beauty of a backhander. the whole thing probably happened completely on accident because it is kevyn adams but it is just a handsome goal. bonus points for knowing you just scored a gem and going straight into the smooth one knee fist pump celly, top marks on that. moving on.

RedRevolvingBorzoi.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhwalIaMd5c

here we have proof that there can be beauty in chaos. this goal is best appreciated in video form for the wonderful top down angle. a seemingly innocuous wrister from the captain turns into a stunning vulcanized rubber ballet as the puck is launched into the air by martin biron. it flutters there for what seems like an eternity before lightly kissing off the crossbar and nuzzling against his right shoulder. things take a turn for the worse when biron tries to dodge to the right which sends the puck tapping off the right post before depositing itself in the net. not everything needs to be squeaky clean to be beautiful. this goal is beautiful like ya girl is beautiful when she first wake up in the morning with no makeup on and her hairs all over the place and shes wearing an 8 year old college sweatshirt and those nice yoga pants she got from target. shes a hot mess but she still looking good though anyway i wouldnt know what thats like haha who even talks to girls right?

FlakyIncomparableArieltoucan.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vZpggYbdVk

another alluring goal from a grinder look at how chad gets full extension on his dive as he pulls the puck backhand and deftly slots it past jaroslav ha

just kidding **** chad larose this goal is an example of a bad goal because chad larose scored it. this goal was ruined at the start by his random falling over at the opposite blue line at the start of the video and how ugly his form was on the trip while he shot the puck and also because it is chad larose. there are lots of chad smiles in the video if you are into that kind of thing though most notably as he skates away from the celebration and athletic butt slap circle around 0:21 and after he skates past the bench around 0:27.

anyway

discuss

Last edited:

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009

HM: Brindy scoring while getting knocked down to the ice in that 8-6 win vs. Philly 10 years ago.

This thread has the 1st two goals I was thinking of when reading the topic (Larose and Cole). Interesting how some stick out. That Chad goal was off the charts. Airborne roofed backhand. Not many in hockey that beat it.

Another good one was Eric Staal splitting the defense, getting tripped, and still scoring. I want to say it was against New Jersey. Who knows when. I have no idea how you guys found these on the youtubes.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
This thread has the 1st two goals I was thinking of when reading the topic (Larose and Cole). Interesting how some stick out. That Chad goal was off the charts. Airborne roofed backhand. Not many in hockey that beat it.

Another good one was Eric Staal splitting the defense, getting tripped, and still scoring. I want to say it was against New Jersey. Who knows when. I have no idea how you guys found these on the youtubes.

Eh, I've been wasting time on YT since 2007 and can still remember videos I watched back then. The Cole goal I think I remember seeing live. It was either right before or after Brind'Amour got injured for the season.

Not sure when the Adams goal was from, guessing 2003-04 season.

OT: It's funny to go back and see some of the old ads from back then, RBC, Wachovia, Ericcson, Sprint when they had the red backdrop.

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
Eh, I've been wasting time on YT since 2007 and can still remember videos I watched back then. The Cole goal I think I remember seeing live. It was either right before or after Brind'Amour got injured for the season.

Not sure when the Adams goal was from, guessing 2003-04 season.

yes, 2003-2004 season

here is the flyers game from 2005:

the brind'amour and cullen goals are both aesthetically pleasing and i was going to use them in a later post but since it was already brought up and the video quality is so so bad...

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I will never forget that game. I was in high school then and was so excited to have the NHL return. I got invited to go w/ a small group of friends to some high school football game that night that I had no interest in attending since I really only knew one person who was going to be playing and I barely knew this person.

The looks I got when I said I wanted to watch the 'Canes game instead. Priceless.

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
i was also in high school at the time and was at that game. our season tickets were in 329 row b for that season and most of those goals happened in that end

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Semin's twirly goal from 2013-2014 in New Jersey has to be up there.

His behind the back pass to Tlusty in the lockout year as well.

I think the goal Stillman scored in the finals that he backhand flipped through the crease to himself doesn't get enough play anywhere. That was a wild goal.

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
yes, 2003-2004 season

here is the flyers game from 2005:

the brind'amour and cullen goals are both aesthetically pleasing and i was going to use them in a later post but since it was already brought up and the video quality is so so bad...

I agree with post as I was there :)

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Yeah, I'm with BLB. The first thing I thought of was when Whitney undressed Chara. I almost (almost but wouldn't) spilled my beer on that one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad