Pre-Game Talk: MOSER

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
Alright Moser lovers, let's get suggestions for our game of MOSER. It's simple: Post catch-phrases or semi-unique lines that we hear on a nightly basis during the Altitude broadcast from Moser. Keep it short and simple so they can fit in a square, and let's also try not to be too mean. Opponent specific suggestions are also welcome (example: "Moser talks about Moser" during Arizona games).

Moser Bingo.jpg

This is the base game that's in use.

Last edited:

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
I've seen it done for bingo on Twitch for game randomizers. You should put a bunch of the ideas into whatever program online that does it and let it generate random cards for everyone. Otherwise everyone ends up with the same bingo :laugh:

Reactions: El Travo

El Travo

Aug 11, 2015
I've seen it done for bingo on Twitch for game randomizers. You should put a bunch of the ideas into whatever program online that does it and let it generate random cards for everyone. Otherwise everyone ends up with the same bingo :laugh:

Sure, I can look into something like that for the future. You could call this a beta test.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
FTR I don’t always love Moser’s PBP, but I still take him over Haynes, whom I believe never should have left radio (or Norm Jones for matter).

I know some wouldn’t like it but I would love to see McGahey get the TV gig. Too bad they have not continued the Johnny Malkin color commentary experiment they were trying out the last couple seasons.

Reactions: katfude and McMetal

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I know some wouldn’t like it but I would love to see McGahey get the TV gig.
I know you won't like it, but he f***ing sucks on the radio.

Perhaps he'd be better on TV though, because he sure can't describe a game to people who aren't watching it.

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
I know you won't like it, but he f***ing sucks on the radio.

Perhaps he'd be better on TV though, because he sure can't describe a game to people who aren't watching it.
I didn't like him the few times he was on TV. All he's doing is shout catchphrases, which in the majority are really, really bad.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I didn't like him the few times he was on TV. All he's doing is shout catchphrases, which in the majority are really, really bad.
I didn't mind him on TV, I didn't think he was great but wasn't too bad. On the radio though, he's not describing the game properly, sometimes he just "skips" what he doesn't like (usually the other team attacking or scoring) so you're left wondering what the hell is happening. It's like he doesn't think that the listener wants to know if the other team scores or is dominating.

El Travo

Aug 11, 2015
I'll likely also change the grid size. 5x5 for each game is asking a lot from Moser. 3x3 or 4x4?

KingSizeKirby

PLAYOFFS!?
May 26, 2011
Ontario
When an avs player is about to come out of the box. “ —— is up on his skates he wants out”.

Also when referencing a player who’s been struggling usually JTC and Jost. “ would really like to see —- get going here”

He makes me roll my eyes with how much he repeats himself.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Incorrect use of "momentarily" - ironically I was reminded of this because he actually used it properly during last night's game, but he almost always uses it to mean in a moment rather than for a moment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad