More money well spent by Armstrong.

Can't wait to have his "veteran presence" for the playoffs from the pressbox

TheOrganist

Don't Call Him Alex
Feb 21, 2006

Puck grit, baby!

The Morrow signing was sold the same way the Mike Keane signing was sold in 2002.

We'll see how Morrow fairs in the playoffs but it is trending in the same manner as that aforementioned move 12 years ago: a past-his-prime former playoff veteran with way too much mileage on him to be anything remotely close to effective.

GrandPapillon*

Puck grit, baby!

The Morrow signing was sold the same way the Mike Keane signing was sold in 2002.

We'll see how Morrow fairs in the playoffs but it is trending in the same manner as that aforementioned move 12 years ago: a past-his-prime former playoff veteran with way too much mileage on him to be anything remotely close to effective.

You don't even have to go that far back. Remember Langenbrunner and Arnott? How many Dallas cronies of the coach and general manager do we have to endure. Maybe we can talk Sean Avery into a NHL comeback. He's off of Dancing With the Stars now, right?

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas

You got me chuckling, which is nice since its been frustrating watching the Blues lately. Pray tell, what method should Armstrong use to discern which off-season free agents will be immune to this type of injury?

GrandPapillon*

You got me chuckling, which is nice since its been frustrating watching the Blues lately. Pray tell, what method should Armstrong use to discern which off-season free agents will be immune to this type of injury?

Guys in their mid-30s when we acquire them (Langenbrunner, Arnott, Morrow) that have a lot of tread on their tires are probably a bit more likely to feel the grind of a long season than younger, fresher players as a rule. Some of it is admittedly outside of anyone's control, but I can't say I am shocked that a 35 year old that has played a bunch of tough minutes in their career peters out around playoff time. We've seen it before.

GrandPapillon*

Nice hindsight bud.

This place is ridiculous.

Hindsight?

That is rich. Yes, I was on here celebrating freeing up Perron's salary to make room for the ex-Dallas Stars buddies of Armstrong and Hitchcock getting paid here only to completely do an about face when it didn't work out.

Keep trying to discredit it me though...

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Hindsight?

That is rich. Yes, I was on here celebrating freeing up Perron's salary to make room for the ex-Dallas Stars buddies of Armstrong and Hitchcock getting paid here only to completely do an about face when it didn't work out.

Keep trying to discredit it me though...
Yes your post was hindsight, as if Armstrong knew Morrow would be injured at this time. You know exactly what's going on here.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Guys in their mid-30s when we acquire them (Langenbrunner, Arnott, Morrow) that have a lot of tread on their tires are probably a bit more likely to feel the grind of a long season than younger, fresher players as a rule. Some of it is admittedly outside of anyone's control, but I can't say I am shocked that a 35 year old that has played a bunch of tough minutes in their career peters out around playoff time. We've seen it before.

Younger guys can survive slapshots off the boot better?

The mood around here is sour, but you're posting baloney here.

GrandPapillon*

Younger guys can survive slapshots off the boot better?

The mood around here is sour, but you're posting baloney here.

Older players are more injury prone that younger players as a general rule. I don't understand how someone can't grasp that concept.

SteenMachine

Oct 19, 2008
Fenton, MO
Older players are more injury prone that younger players as a general rule. I don't understand how someone can't grasp that concept.

You realize the age of our injured list is almost exclusively in their prime right now, being bitter about the past isn't going to change that.

Perron wasn't gonna do **** but take time from Schwartz who is already just as effective in both ends, and has room to catch up as a goal scorer. He also wasn't gonna help us pay Pietrangelo's salary demands. He wasn't going to be very effective after being demoted to the 3rd line to play with Stewart and Roy... oh wait we couldn't afford both of them, but lets pretend that didn't matter either because boo hoo Perron is gone.

You can grasp at straws and pretend that we traded Perron to pay for Morrow or you can be realistic and just accept that the UFA centers were overpriced and most of them overrated and we took a low risk with Roy and it didn't pay off, as most expected.

Regardless of all that reality stuff... Armstrong didn't injure Morrow, now stop blaming him, it's a joke.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas

Even if I were to concede that generality, it still doesn't apply to Morrow's situation. Your desire to be critical of Armstrong is blinding you and leading you to make some ridiculous points to try to support your argument.

There are plenty of legitimate arguments in favor of your point, but you're marginalizing your credibility by making ridiculous assertions and then fighting for them when people call you on it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad