Morrissey was suspended 1 Game, what about McNabb?

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
We all remember Josh Morrissey was suspended 1 game in round one for a crosscheck to the head of Eric Stall even though no penalty was called.

cropped_MorrisseyStaal.jpg

Should Brayden McNabb receive a similar penalty for his crosscheck to the head of Mark Scheifele?

Both Stall and Scheifele finished their respective games.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Easy penalty call for interference / crosschecking, but not suspendable offense for McNabb.

I like how the ref was about 15 feet away, and missed the crosscheck but somehow decided to call Scheif for the retaliation. Astonishingly bad reffing.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Easy penalty call for interference / crosschecking, but not suspendable offense for McNabb.

I like how the ref was about 15 feet away, and missed the crosscheck but somehow decided to call Scheif for the retaliation. Astonishingly bad reffing.

This. Scheif getting the stick in the face was completely unintentional. Just a regular high stick. Morrissey’s cross check was much more deliberate even if unintentional.

Reactions: irunthepeg

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015

Edmonton had brutal refs in the last playoffs also,
Sure makes you wonder,

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast

Never mind the crosscheck ... Scheif DOES NOT have the puck. 9 out of 10 times its an interference penalty and this is not the first time ... Vegas has been doing this to Scheif ALL series but Gallant cried like a baby about intereference when the Sharks did it to them.

Reactions: Jets 31

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
The Vegas team is well coached ... ever notice when they fall they always seem to take down a Jet player with them and make it look coincidental.
Helley should have stayed down when Neal crashed into net ... I know its Morrisey's fault. I would bet my last dollar if that was a Jet player falling on MAF its a penalty. Hey remember when Neal broke his stick across Helley's mask? And they counted the goal. Vegas sure seem to gets a lot of favorable calls ... maybe its just me.
I also found it weird when Myers scored in fact it was the first time ever I saw a puck stay in the net (a full 2 seconds) and NO signal from either ref that it's a goal ... maybe they were too busy looking for a Jet infraction so they could call off the goal.

Remember game one how the Knights got off to a slow start ... killing the first 2 penalties to start the game will do that to a team.

TheJadePipe

Mar 8, 2016
This. Scheif getting the stick in the face was completely unintentional. Just a regular high stick. Morrissey’s cross check was much more deliberate even if unintentional.
Out to lunch if you believe that

bluesfanforlife1992

Jul 3, 2015
We all remember Josh Morrissey was suspended 1 game in round one for a crosscheck to the head of Eric Stall even though no penalty was called.

cropped_MorrisseyStaal.jpg

Should Brayden McNabb receive a similar penalty for his crosscheck to the head of Mark Scheifele?

Both Stall and Scheifele finished their respective games.

I think most have explained it well.
In #1 clip, Morrissey play is deliberate. Staal's head stays at the same level.
#2 Mcnabb crosscheck in the shoulder and then gets Scheifele's head with his stick when he is falling down. Definitely not a suspendable offensive because it is not deliberate cross check to head since head level caused the stick to his helmet/head.

Should it have been a penalty? EASILY. How the ref doesn't call at least interference is ridiculous. It makes you wonder about officiating at times.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad