Morgan Rielly

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
He's good - overrated by Maple Leafs fans, underrated by probably everyone else. He had a nice season and I think he'll do even better this year.

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
He's a young defenceman with #1D upside. He has great offensive skills. While he's had some shortcomings on the defensive side of things, he's also been improving in this regard year-after-year. Last season he was given the hardest minutes on the worst team in the NHL. He was played intentionally by Babcock against the best players for as many minutes as Babcock could get him out there. This season, with a team who actually has some talent playing around him, should give us the best indication if he'll be able to stick as a #1D or not

Matthews34

Oct 9, 2009
Uxbridge
He's a young defenceman with #1D upside. He has great offensive skills. While he's had some shortcomings on the defensive side of things, he's also been improving in this regard year-after-year. Last season he was given the hardest minutes on the worst team in the NHL. He was played intentionally by Babcock against the best players for as many minutes as Babcock could get him out there. This season, with a team who actually has some talent playing around him, should give us the best indication if he'll be able to stick as a #1D or not

I know just because you're from Toronto it doesn't necessarily mean you're a Leaf fan but if you are let's keep it to non Leafs fans.

Last edited:

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I'd say his absolute ceiling is a perennial Norris contender, although I think it's very unlikely he'll reach that. More likely I'd say his upside is a solid #1 D

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
I'm a Habs fan, I think he's a stud. If he stays where he is right now, he will have a 15 year career as an NHL regular. The thing is, he's going to get much better than he is now.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Was about to say Letang, but Keith is a better comparable.

Not in terms of ceiling, but stylistically. I think he's top pairing quality today. Certainly has the potential to become a solid #1.

JS91

May 14, 2014
He's a really solid young D-man. I doubt he'll end up as an absolute stud D-man (Keith/Doughty level), but he'll still likely end up a solid #1D that'll anchor the Leafs' back end for the foreseeable future.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
He's going to be a "top pairing" defenseman but I don't know if he's going to be that #1 stud defenseman that can carry a pairing. He definitely needs better partners then Marincin and Hunwick though.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Im very familiar with the player. He is a better skating Mike Green with a much weaker shot than Mike Green. Same defensively as Mike Green.

You might want to hire a tutor to watch games with you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad