Morgan Rielly suspended for five games for cross-checking Ridly Greig in the head (Mod note in OP); upd: Rielly appealing his suspension (upheld)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cowboy82nd

Feb 19, 2012
Newnan, Georgia
Classic garbage from this generation. Not once did Leafs “brass” say anything about a cross check to the “face” being “justified”

This is the crap that has to be invented to justify a follow up of virtue signalling statements where people use terms like “entitlement”

Hahaha

I hope you’re a young adult sens fan and not some adult leafs hater. Childish opinions are normal. Where adults talking with this rhetoric is scary

Didn’t their coach say the response was appropriate? Coach = brass and saying the response is appropriate, considering the response was a cross check to the head, means he is okay with a cross check to the head.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
Leafs brass embarrassing themselves trying to legitimately make the argument to the league that Rielly was justified to cross check a player in the face because of a perceived slight.

Talk about an entitled franchise. Parroted the crap logic from Toronto sports media and got shut down in hilarious fashion.
What was hilarious, am I missing something?

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Not sure that happened.

I (like many others here and players and coaches) think the slap shot justified A reaction. But not that Rielly reaction .

More virtue signalling. How many “cavemen” thought the cross check was justified?

You’re throwing the large group of people who think Grieg deserved some kind of reaction into the small group of people that think he deserved a cross check to the head.

Sorry but your feelings aren’t facts.

Any time I see someone say "virtue signaling" there is a sensitive boomer complaining about something. Yet another example. Let it out.

You talking about other peoples' feelings is pretty funny, considering how defensive you're being over some pretty meaningless shit.

Why does a slapshot into an empty net warrant a reaction? Because your feelings are hurt. That's literally the only reason. What other reason would their be? lol. Some perceived "disrespect" that you made up? There wasn't a goalie in the net to disrespect. We defending the honor of the netting now?

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Let me guess when Marner got punched in the face in the playoffs and did nothing, you said to yourself "WOW WHAT DISCIPLINE, these Leafs are gonna go so far being so disciplined" lmfao.

This Leafs team has been butter soft for a long time, there has probably been tens of these sorts of situations where they skated away and did nothing, I never heard about the team being disciplined, just the opposite.

Rielly did the right thing and the team surprisingly responded for once.
Different situation but if Matthews followed the guy as he was skating away and cross-checked him in the head and got suspended five games, yeah, I'd be mad at Matthews because that is a decision that would (presumably) actively hurt the team.

Reactions: TooManyHumans

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Any time I see someone say "virtue signaling" there is a sensitive boomer complaining about something. Yet another example. Let it out.

You talking about other peoples' feelings is pretty funny, considering how defensive you're being over some pretty meaningless shit.

Why does a slapshot into an empty net warrant a reaction? Because your feelings are hurt. That's literally the only reason. What other reason would their be? lol. Some perceived "disrespect" that you made up? There wasn't a goalie in the net to disrespect. We defending the honor of the netting now?
Tell me you've never played sports without saying you never played sports

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
oh well, not really surprised.

I seen this somewhere and thought it was interesting

apparently Toronto is the most penalized team in the NHL when it comes to suspensions
GGQPy0-bQAAX1nx.jpg%3Alarge

Reactions: HofT

v00d00daddy

Oct 9, 2007
Didn’t their coach say the response was appropriate? Coach = brass and saying the response is appropriate, considering the response was a cross check to the head, means he is okay with a cross check to the head.
I’m talking about the appeal. And I also don’t think Keefe was specific about the cross check being appropriate. It was that Rielly was appropriate to respond in general.

v00d00daddy

Oct 9, 2007

Because that’s how the game is. Grieg knew that. That’s why he did it. Boomer me all you want.

The “disrespect” wasn’t made up lol

You see what you wanna see. Was what Grieg did funny to many players? Yup

Why? Because he was being a dick. Your denial of that or inability to understand that actual NHL players see it that way shows that you’re missing a part of the game. I don’t think you’re stupid. I think you love the game. You’re just denying reality for some reason.

Fill your boots. Whatever gets you through the day lol

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
I am having this reaction if they injure my goalie, not if they slapshot an empty net.

Do you know what would be a far more appropriate reaction? Crosschecking Rielly back.
If you, like the OP I was responding to, also don't see the disrespect then I really can't help you, but one things for sure, definitely wouldn't want you as a teammate.

AzHawk

Dec 20, 2015
I just provided alot of data. so your saying the stats there are wrong for SJ? can you provide more info?

looks like to me it was Washington that has the biggest number from that 20 game suspension

Looks like that data starts with the 17/18 season, so longer suspensions like...

...aren't accounted for. It looks like an image from discord. Any idea what site someone found the data on?

Kegu

Aug 12, 2008
I just provided alot of data. so your saying the stats there are wrong for SJ? can you provide more info?

looks like to me it was Washington that has the biggest number from that 20 game suspension
Pretty sure the data is not accurate in more than one way. Washington has seen 12 suspensions since 17/18. 2 were Ovechkin all-star and 1 was Kuznetzov, but thats still 9 that would be applicable to the spreadsheet which would put them on the top of the list.

Reactions: Arthur Morgan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad