Morgan Klimchuk Re-Signs

acfurino

May 4, 2010
Klimchuk signed a one-year, two-way deal with the Flames on Sunday.

I have Klimchuk in my dynasty league... What do you guys think about this guy? What will be his role this year? Upside? Projections?

Thanks

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016

I have Klimchuk in my dynasty league... What do you guys think about this guy? What will be his role this year? Upside? Projections?

Thanks

He's going to Europe after this deal. Great skater and good brain for the game but overall doesn't have the talent and won't cut it in the NHL.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002

Thanks

He'll be on waiver, probably nobody is going to pick him up. Injury recalled at best.

There is zero room for him out of training camp

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
He's going to Europe after this deal. Great skater and good brain for the game but overall doesn't have the talent and won't cut it in the NHL.

How do we know that if we haven't necessarily given him a good opportunity to prove himself worthy of a spot? I personally would want him on our 4th line over Brouwer or Mangiapane (I value Mangiapane as a middle 6 LW). I think Klimchuk paired with the likes of Ryan and Frolik would make a really solid shut down line that can pot the random goal a time or two.

Reactions: InfinityIggy

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
I think he's gonna surprise a lot of people this year, and he'll make the team on the 4th line. Poor mans Dean McAmmond.

Gaudreau - Monahan - Neal
Bennett - Lindholm - Tkachuk
Frolik - Backlund - Ryan
Klimchuk - Jankowski - Czarnik
Brouwer, Hathaway

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
You do know that a high hockey IQ is a talent, as is being a great skater, right? In fact, one could argue they are the two most important talents. Klimchuk has all the tools needed to carve out a career in the bottom six if his offense doesn't translate.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
You do know that a high hockey IQ is a talent, as is being a great skater, right? In fact, one could argue they are the two most important talents. Klimchuk has all the tools needed to carve out a career in the bottom six if his offense doesn't translate.

Replace "talent" with "skill", then, if it makes you feel better. At minimum I think it's foolhardy to believe the organisation gives him another shot when he's been surpassed on the depth chart by so many shiny new toys, and I doubt he elicits interest from any other team after he leaves the Flames.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown

Thanks

Probably won't be on the opening day roster but should be in line as either the 1st or 2nd injury callup. Little tough to distinguish where exactly he fits on the depth chart since the Flames have several other prospects that bring more or less the same thing with a bit better offence. Not a ton of weaknesses in his game but doesn't exactly stand out either, would have his upside as a 3rd line winger who could be useful to a penalty killing unit.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Least hyped signing thread of all time.

article_b53cd311-fe13-49a8-9b34-825dda0ac4d3.jpg

cut.jpg

Reactions: InfinityIggy

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I was thinking Amalgamorgan Klimchuk

FTFY... Unless it was a Clinch joke that went over my head.

I think this nickname option is very clever. :) I hope Klimchuk makes it. I have this super not very cool story about meeting him once. I gave his GF pointers on how to play Pokemon Go in Memorial Park the summer it was released.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
FTFY... Unless it was a Clinch joke that went over my head.

I think this nickname option is very clever. :) I hope Klimchuk makes it. I have this super not very cool story about meeting him once. I gave his GF pointers on how to play Pokemon Go in Memorial Park the summer it was released.
the n was indeed a typo, good catch

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad