News Article: Morgan: Coyotes regaining their identity

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
http://www.foxsports.com/arizona/story/silver-linings-playbook-coyotes-regaining-identity-020815

I know, I know, two Morgan article links in a week... but this one has me worried. To wit: if Maloney and Tippett think that the team is regaining its identity, and the team actually keeps winning more games than it loses... does Maloney rethink his plan to rebuild?

Simply based on how Don's bark is always worse than his bite, I think there's a real risk that he is convinced to forgo flushing the system at the deadline. :help:

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
We'll see at the deadline and over the summer. He can say all he wants but after all the threats he made and the minor roster moves he's making it does seem like a farce so far. It's a long season before the deadline though so I still think he's holding out for the right offer on the players he wants to move. As for the players he's waived, I think that honestly, he was trying to free up roster spots to trial prospects at the NHL level and develop them a bit. Even though the NHL isn't a developmental league :sarcasm:

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Simply based on how Don's bark is always worse than his bite, I think there's a real risk that he is convinced to forgo flushing the system at the deadline. :help:

no-2.gif

In the three games (all losses) the Coyotes have played this season against the Blackhawks and Blues, they have been outscored 18-2, including a 6-1 thrashing in Chicago that sent the team into the All-Star break with a mandate for change.

:laugh:

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
They've regained their ability to play hard, even defeat like Sat Nt....but it's been driven largely by the kids on the roster. Mr February (Smith) has played well too.

drgregg

SLAP CHOP
Jun 7, 2012
as seen on TV
I don't think so. Don't forget Don has bosses now, he is no longer a 1 man show. Apparently the new boss wants to clear out the crap, if true that means that Don/Dave/Craig can be as encouraged as they want to be by recent play; the crap will be flushed anyway.

letowskie

Aug 16, 2002
In your worst nighmare
Visit site
Well, Maloney just made an attempt to pull the trigger on Vermette this past weekend. Don't get too worries.

Well, Chicago is a team that could well use a top6 C for their run this year; but teams like them probably need to wait until the last minute, so that they can minimize their cap spending to keep within rules. So I expect that the market for Verm will get better the smaller part of the season remaining.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
Now is the wrong time to be regaining our identity.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
It's all Greek to me...or something like that.

It says that Marc Bergevin rejected a proposal of a 2nd + Jacob de la Rose for Antoine Vermette. It doesn't say whether Maloney made the offer or if Bergevin asked about Vermette and that's what Maloney asked for, but it does say that Bergevin is the one that ultimately rejected the deal.

Thor Savage

Oct 3, 2006
Arizona
It says that Marc Bergevin rejected a proposal of a 2nd + Jacob de la Rose for Antoine Vermette. It doesn't say whether Maloney made the offer or if Bergevin asked about Vermette and that's what Maloney asked for, but it does say that Bergevin is the one that ultimately rejected the deal.

If that is the offer he made and it was rejected . . . . I'm thinking we are going to be very disappointed with the return for Vermette.

Not so much the player, but the pick. Is de la Rose any good? Don't know anything about him.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
If that is the offer he made and it was rejected . . . . I'm thinking we are going to be very disappointed with the return for Vermette.

If that's a legit offer that Don was going to accept, we're going to be disappointed in ALL the trades Don makes this TDL. :(

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014

Not so much the player, but the pick. Is de la Rose any good? Don't know anything about him.

From elite prospects

A true team player and leader. de la Rose always gives 100% and leads his team with his intensity and work ethic. Has an edge to his game and does not shy away from the rough stuff. Has good timing in his hits. Sound defensively. Not likely to become a high scoring player, as he is not a natural scorer, but his strong two-way and forechecking ability along with his attitude makes him a very valuable part of any team

Etch

Relegate the Oilers
Jun 1, 2011
Moncton, NB
I've never been impressed watching De La Rose. Pass.

Feeling like GMDM waited too long. Should have taken what he could have gotten a while ago.

drgregg

SLAP CHOP
Jun 7, 2012
as seen on TV
I disagree on Maloney waiting too long.

I went through the Montreal forum and this story didn't get much traction there at all, so I'm not ready to freak out, yet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad