More Productive Line 19/20

More Productive Line

• Total voters

razkaz

Oct 3, 2013
Gotta be the Matthews line considering the Tavares line will be handicapped since Hyman will play 0 mins on the PP

Reactions: Jeypic

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Maybe matthews line, but not by much. A mucho interesto thread btw. This one is close. Our team that great by the height baby. We rock the sock and muffle the duffle, keepin thangs moving and twerkin and perkulating. Ain't even no thang with this mang.

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
Are we talking each line's 5v5 production or the sum of each player's point total? Key distinction. Either way, I probably give the slight edge to Matthews' line.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
I'll say the Tavares line, because Matthews has not been able to play a full season yet.

Based on combined PPG, it's a coin flip.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
Hyman is missing 15 games for sure. He may even lose his job on that line because of it. Tavares/Marner and their winger will probably score more. But, I consider Johnsson the best third wheel and Matthews the most upside so it's close.

Reactions: Ryan Michaels

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Have to go with the Tavares line until the Matthews group proves it's better.

** I do think this will be the year that Matthews leads the Team in scoring.
The big 3 will all be around 100 points.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
The Matthews line, due to Hyman not starting the season and being projected to miss a decent enough part of it.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Kapanen is going to create more rebounds off missed shots etc... Tavares is going to clean up.

Seriously though Kapanen is probably more offensively effective than Hyman, maybe not in puck retrieval but off the rush. I think he adds an element that will make that line improve production, at least to start.

Having said that I think those two lines will be very close.

67Leafs67

Nov 8, 2014
Marner line will be more productive in my opinion, because to me it's 100% likely that Marner & Tavares will play 82 games together. I doubt Babcock keeps Nylander & Matthews together all season long. He should, but he won't. If they played an equal amount of time together, it would probably be close, might even be a win for Matthews & Nylander.

Reactions: Ryan Michaels

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Matthews is among the best ES players in the league, and has terrific chemistry with Nylander. Tavares and Marner was one of the best duos in the league last season, but I guess there's some regression coming there. Pretty close odds. I'll go with Matthews.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Matthews is among the best ES players in the league, and has terrific chemistry with Nylander. Tavares and Marner was one of the best duos in the league last season, but I guess there's some regression coming there. Pretty close odds. I'll go with Matthews.
Best 5 on 5 line last year. Marner lead the line in this production. I say it will be close but Marner and JT did it last year.

Reactions: Nithoniniel

67Leafs67

Nov 8, 2014
Marner line will be more productive in my opinion, because to me it's 100% likely that Marner & Tavares will play 82 games together. I doubt Babcock keeps Nylander & Matthews together all season long. He should, but he won't. If they played an equal amount of time together, it would probably be close, might even be a win for Matthews & Nylander.
Doesn't look like Nylander is going to get a fair chance on PP1 either...so yeah, Marner & Tavares run away with this.

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
5v5 it will be the Tavares line. If the stars align then Mitchy boy will hit 70+ assists and Tavares will bury 50. Either way it's a blessing that we have two legit first lines.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
It could be the Matthews line if everyone stays healthy, but AJ and Willie have something to prove. Not every rookie has a better second year, and Willie is coming off a lost season. Absolute worst for Mitch and JT is 170pts I think, so figure 210pts low end for that line.

130pts for the Swedes and a big year for Matthews pushes them to maybe 230pts, again if all are healthy. But if the Swedes don't produce big, even if AM does, thats only maybe 200pts. So 95 from Mitch, 90 from JT and 55 from their winger is 240, not a stretch, except maybe the 55 but still, M and T for the win I guess. I have no faith in Willie to hit 70pts this year. We have seen a ton of guys miss big games dues to injury, and his sitting out somehow made him less effective than all those players who can't even train. 7 goals in 54 games is embarrassing for someone who held out like he did.

He seems like a testament for why players shouldn't get fat 2nd contracts. Has any player come back after a holdout and sucked as badly as he did? (Legit question, I don't know). He needs to start producing like he did in the AHL when nobody propped him up. I see him getting 60pts or a little less this year. My dream is he hits 75 but 60 and a healthy Matthews will be fine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad