More points this year: Puljujarvi or Vesalainen?

More points this year: Puljujarvi or Vesalainen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
There's a very good chance that KV doesn't play with the Jets this season - they have great talent and depth on the wing. So, I think this is PJ, quite easily.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
Puljujarvi is much more likely to get NHL time. Vesalainen is a question mark at this point. Both played well in Liiga but as we have seen with Pulju to date that doesn't directly translate to NHL success immediately.

"Success" 28 points in 50 games
Is not the same as vesalainen who had 43 in 49

Or Laine who went 33 in 46
Then scored 15 points in 18 games in the playoffs

Where pulji is right now sounds about right and the oilers should be playing him the ahl

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB

Where pulji is right now sounds about right and the oilers should be playing him the ahl

How about you quote Vesalainen's 17 year old season, so it's comparing apples to apples.

Reactions: Bretzky

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
I expect Puljujärvi to have better season as he is older but in the long run I'm leaning towards Vesalainen. If Jesse somehow gets his teen groove back again, then who knows. Maybe a lot of his problems relate to low self-confidence. Then again, McDavid could change all that, ha.

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
Silly poll since the odds of Vesalainen playing for the Jets are slim because the Jets will not be willing to burn his ELC statist at the cost to lose a Dano or Petan type player to waivers to play him. Unless he blows the doors off at training camp he will not play this season. Pulj will almost certainly play the whole season for the Oilers and will win this poll.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Vesalainen most likely will just be a call-up in case of injuries this season, unless he's had a terrific summer and surprises in camp.

Still likely though he starts in the AHL to learn the NA game.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills

One did it at 17 the other did it at 19 I believe. Laine also did his at 17. Both Laine and Pulju were considered well above the development of Veslainen at the same ages.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
One did it at 17 the other did it at 19 I believe. Laine also did his at 17. Both Laine and Pulju were considered well above the development of Veslainen at the same ages.

But not now

Mr Tadakichi

Never Reads OP Before Posting
Nov 23, 2014
The problem with Puljujarvi is that he's shown absolutely nothing thus far in the NHL and looks like a clear bust, even with minutes beside the Oilers best forwards. Even if Vesalainen only cracks the 4th line, it wouldn't take much to outscore Puljujarvi.

Jesus, this bait is so good, even I have to respond.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad