More accurate player archetypes

EK392000

Mar 9, 2020
Should EA borrow from 2K and implement more advanced and accurate archetypes? In 2K, players can be a combination of multiple types of archetypes or the 'pure' version of one archetype.

If we were to implement this into NHL, I think we'd have a better idea of how a player will sim.

For example,

Kucherov would be a playmaking sniper
Ovechkin would be a pure sniper
Backstrom a pure playmaker
Crosby could be a playmaking grinder

So on and so forth.

Do you think these descriptors would allow for better franchise modes? I think we would need these types of descriptors in we actually want to make line chemistry work in our favour. It seems to random as it is currently.

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
Should EA borrow from 2K and implement more advanced and accurate archetypes? In 2K, players can be a combination of multiple types of archetypes or the 'pure' version of one archetype.

If we were to implement this into NHL, I think we'd have a better idea of how a player will sim.

For example,

Kucherov would be a playmaking sniper
Ovechkin would be a pure sniper
Backstrom a pure playmaker
Crosby could be a playmaking grinder

So on and so forth.

Do you think these descriptors would allow for better franchise modes? I think we would need these types of descriptors in we actually want to make line chemistry work in our favour. It seems to random as it is currently.
Thought of this years ago and thought it would be a good idea but its ea so no they're busy recycling ideas from a decade ago, wouldn't be surprised if they took out the skill stick to reintroduce it three iterations later

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad