Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Old Thrashers

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • New Coyotes who get relocated again because Winnipeg is a toilet

Votes: 8 19.0%

• Total voters

AnimalMother73

Sep 17, 2009
Teams have figured out the Avs and Bednar hasn’t adjusted not sure he knows how. Only other explanation is they quit on him but either way we are screwed….

JustPenalties

Jan 17, 2024
If it nets a player of similar value back that fits this teams style better. f***ing do it. I like the guy but he's too f***ing passive.
I do agree.. BUT Rantanen has been a beast in the playoffs and thats really all I care about. Lets just see what happens and after the playoffs we all either love him or..

RECKLESS

Apr 23, 2019
My hometeam (KalPa) dropped in Liiga playoffs, Avs do nothing to counter, and now I got a sore throat and a hangover.

Precious times.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
Not sure if somebody already said that, but

yay-team-go-team-al-bundy-clapping-hat-tfmo2k5v2trmhn46.gif

I hate this f*cking team soooo much!

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
You might be in for a rude awakening....
At their best this team has been stronger than our cup team was. I trust that we'll be ready for playoffs as we've always been. I don't think the Jets have the offense to light us up like this again.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
At their best this team has been stronger than our cup team was
Lol

Some people really seem to underestimate that team. It was the most dominant cup winning team in the salary cap era, while dealing with the worst goaltending by a cup winning team in over 30 f***ing years. By pretty much every stat there is.

Comparing any team to that 2022 team is unfair. Our current team, let alone the f***ing Jets. Please.

Again, lol.

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
Lol

Some people really seem to underestimate that team. It was the most dominant cup winning team in the salary cap era, while dealing with the worst goaltending by a cup winning team in over 30 f***ing years. By pretty much every stat there is.

Comparing any team to that 2022 team is unfair. Our current team, let alone the f***ing Jets. Please.

Again, lol.

Strong team but the path to the finals was also incredibly weak. Comparing the path to the finals in 2022 vs this year makes is hilarious. Even the finals themselves was against a very worn out and tired Lightning team.

Reactions: 95snipes

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Aw no playoff thread yet. I'll say it here then, we're going to beat the Jets in the playoffs and rather easily, despite last nights result.

Brother. I'm so sorry for what's to come. Most of us have accepted it already but I commend you for having the fortitude to believe in them.

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Yah that Darcy is prime Roy compared to Alexander Miska
You want game 5 against St Louis and well at least that Palat in game 5 against Tampa (the whole team seemed off and nervous though) but really other than that despite the terrible goals Kuemper made the saves he needed to when he needed to even with 1 eye. Not that he wasn’t bad in the other two losses just mostly they were bound to lose sometimes and at least game 3 in Tampa the whole team was bad (I don’t really remember game 2 against St Louis)

Georgie could never. Last night is a great example of the kind of thing that has happened all year. Two goals off dreadful defensive breakdowns that you expect even Helle to let in 90% of the time. But what does he do after, Kuemper probably lets in a bad goal in that game but not with the timing Georgie does of two dreadful backbreaking ones to kill all interest or hope of comeback in the team

Reactions: The Moops

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
You want game 5 against St Louis and well at least that Palat in game 5 against Tampa (the whole team seemed off and nervous though) but really other than that despite the terrible goals Kuemper made the saves he needed to when he needed to even with 1 eye. Not that he wasn’t bad in the other two losses just mostly they were bound to lose sometimes and at least game 3 in Tampa the whole team was bad (I don’t really remember game 2 against St Louis)

Georgie could never. Last night is a great example of the kind of thing that has happened all year. Two goals off dreadful defensive breakdowns that you expect even Helle to let in 90% of the time. But what does he do after, Kuemper probably lets in a bad goal in that game but not with the timing Georgie does of two dreadful backbreaking ones to kill all interest or hope of comeback in the team
Whole team was also bad in game 2 vs St. Louis.

As much as we ripped on Kuemper and his stats being awful, he made the saves he needed to for the Avs to win mostly.

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Whole team was also bad in game 2 vs St. Louis.

As much as we ripped on Kuemper and his stats being awful, he made the saves he needed to for the Avs to win mostly.
Thanks, that’s definitely what I thought happened against St Louis but didn’t want to say it in case I misremembered.

Playoff Kuemper (he really did have a very good run for a while in the regular season) regardless of the terrible goals he let in was a guy who 90% of the time would do what you needed and nothing more. He’s not winning you any games but he won’t directly lose you many either (except game 5 against St Louis that one is all him).

The dynamic between him and the team was one of the most interesting things, he clearly liked the guys and the guys liked him which is huge. Never saw that from Georgie and Grubauer. Goalies live in their own little special world and if that means being withdrawn and introverted then whatever it’s just interesting to see the dynamic difference between those two and how the team was around guys like Kuemper and Frankie who felt like regular parts of the team

wayninja

Bednar's Tailor
Mar 24, 2017
The silver lining to this is that we don't have a goalie problem, we have a TEAM problem.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
The silver lining to this is that we don't have a goalie problem, we have a TEAM problem.
You know... we really don't have a team problem, especially with regards to defense. Avs are in the or very near the top 10 in pretty much every category. They certainly are not the Stars or Panthers... but the Avs are a very good defensive team.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
You know... we really don't have a team problem, especially with regards to defense. Avs are in the or very near the top 10 in pretty much every category. They certainly are not the Stars or Panthers... but the Avs are a very good defensive team.
People keep saying this team is horrible defensively. When you break down the numbers, they're only slightly worse than the 2022 roster. And given all that's been lost from that team, I think it's admirable they're still up there.

The problem is goaltending. And the players know it, too. You can tell they have zero confidence in Georgiev to make a save. It changes how you play.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
People keep saying this team is horrible defensively. When you break down the numbers, they're only slightly worse than the 2022 roster. And given all that's been lost from that team, I think it's admirable they're still up there.

The problem is goaltending. And the players know it, too. You can tell they have zero confidence in Georgiev to make a save. It changes how you play.
Yup... when 95 goalies have started games and George is sitting 76th in quality start percentage. It is quite clear what the real problem is.

wayninja

Bednar's Tailor
Mar 24, 2017
1713118440932.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad