Moore vs Orlov

IHWR

The Chiropractor
Jul 25, 2006
Ottawa, ON
I love Orlov's all around game. The kid is a beast...it's nice to finally see him outside of the WJC.

member 30781

Yes, multiple times and live at the World Juniors this season.

Orlov will end up being the better "all-around" defenseman and I put that in quotes because he will still be primarily an offensive dman. But Moore has the better offensive potential and output.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Yes, multiple times and live at the World Juniors this season.

Orlov will end up being the better "all-around" defenseman and I put that in quotes because he will still be primarily an offensive dman. But Moore has the better offensive potential and output.

I feel the opposite. Moore will be the better all-around player because his skating is absolutely fantastic. He is a more smart, mobile defender. Orlov plays a risky game, has top-end offensive instincts and a wicked shot from the point.

IkeaMonkey*

I feel the opposite. Moore will be the better all-around player because his skating is absolutely fantastic. He is a more smart, mobile defender. Orlov plays a risky game, has top-end offensive instincts and a wicked shot from the point.

Your opinion is most people's opinion.

Including mine.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
Will we see either in the show next year with their respective teams?

Nikita Filatov

Jan 3, 2009
Columbus

Moore has had an outside chance the past two seasons, and has been up to Columbus this season a couple times, solid, but nothing that showed he could stay full time. I wouldn't be surprised to see him crack the lineup next season, but he could use some more seasoning to round out his game. He will at least be one of the first callups if injury strikes, but I don't think anybody has a clue on how our blueline will look next season. He was already in the AHL allstar game and will be ready by 2012. Though he is getting into somewhat a logjam of defensive prospects with Savard, Goloubef, Weber, etc. Many feel as if Savard has impressed more and was taken three rounds after Moore. Orlov I have only seen a couple times at the WJC's, but can't really comment too much on him.

cupface52

Jan 12, 2008
Burlington, On

Orlov will spend the year in Hershey and be the injury call-up. Unless he has a spectacular training camp and forces GMGM to make a trade to make room for him, which is unlikely as GMGM likes his depth.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad