Podcast (Audio) Monty on The Cam and Strick Podcast

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Monty says that he spoke to Mike Babcock after he got the job and Babcock said Bergy's leadership is unparalleled. Also said that the leadership is well respected across the league.

Al MacInnis and Keith Tkachuk went to bat for Monty and brought him to St. Louis after Dallas.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
One other player who could thrive under Monty is Freddy. The St. Louis connection plus a system change.

Interview runs from 39:54 - 1:57:35 of the podcast

Reactions: TCB

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I completely forgot that he is credited with nicknaming the Legion of Doom, which was the line that got me into watching hockey. I need to watch some old highlights on YouTube again.

Also didn't realize he is fluent in French. Thought it was funny that he and Bergeron started out speaking French to each other and ended in English lol.

Reactions: Gordoff and Alicat

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Great podcast.

I don’t know if it will translate to success, but damn if Monty isn’t just a supremely likeable dude. I’d be rooting for him anywhere… I’m just happy it’s in Boston.
Same here. There are some media members that need to listen to this interview and then apologize to Monty.

Reactions: Gordoff

CharaBadSenyshynGawd

Jun 18, 2017
Jansen makes the podcast almost unlistenable but they get almost any interview they want. Strickland is really good. They had Edwards on a while ago, Lucic, Krug, Frederic, Esposito, Macavoy, Savard and just a few weeks ago Claude as well. Probably a few other Bruins and ex that I’m forgetting.

Didn’t know much about him but very likeable to me after listening.

Reactions: Over the volcano

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Jansen makes the podcast almost unlistenable but they get almost any interview they want. Strickland is really good. They had Edwards on a while ago, Lucic, Krug, Frederic, Esposito, Macavoy, Savard and just a few weeks ago Claude as well. Probably a few other Bruins and ex that I’m forgetting.

Didn’t know much about him but very likeable to me after listening.
Yeah - the anti climate change and tax dodging stuff at the start almost ended it for me before they even got to the interview (no politics)

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Good interview. Monty seems like a really decent guy, and one who is able to balance being a positive people-person with the need to sometimes more firmly instil discipline and accountability. He's funny too, and tells a good story. My impression is he has some similarities with Cassidy, and some clear differences. Looking forward to seeing what he brings to the table with the Bruins.

Being willing to open by wading into the mire of Quebec politics also tells me he's a brave man!

Reactions: missingchicklet

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
I think Monty will prove to be a great coach. But it will come down to the 'groceries' that the Sweenius has provided him to work with.

I think Strickland is a bit of a fanboy but a decent podcast nonetheless.

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
I completely forgot that he is credited with nicknaming the Legion of Doom, which was the line that got me into watching hockey. I need to watch some old highlights on YouTube again.

Also didn't realize he is fluent in French. Thought it was funny that he and Bergeron started out speaking French to each other and ended in English lol.
I wish him the best, but if he does a good job, good chance he'll probably be off to Montreal like Claude when they do fire him.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Scott McLaughlin with a story about this podcast. Hmmmmm. Hi Scott.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
what a great listen, had a bit of everything, some fun stories, serious stuff and some insight into his philosophy

Reactions: Alicat

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad