Dreger: Montreal was very interested in Deangelo

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
I do not have time right now to try to read a full report on that, but I have VERY serious doubt about the validity of that study. "2nd most" can also be deceiving. 2nd most in the NHL does not necessarily mean the majority is democrat.

edit: not creating an account or paying to read it. It is not that important to me.
NY is a liberal stronghold. Even if there are undercover republicans here in areas of finance etc, in the public eye they are proud Democrats. It’s the cost of doing business. NY/NJ will never be red states ever. Corruption and cronyism is so bad in the tri-state area it has ruined taxes and almost destroyed the middle class for good, while big corporations continue to flourish and post record profits. It’s a rigged game. And very sad

Reactions: egelband

DrHansReinhardt

Nov 12, 2019
Drafting 14th
NY is a liberal stronghold. Even if there are undercover republicans here in areas of finance etc, in the public eye they are proud Democrats. It’s the cost of doing business. NY/NJ will never be red states ever. Corruption and cronyism is so bad in the tri-state area it has ruined taxes and almost destroyed the middle class for good, while big corporations continue to flourish and post record profits. It’s a rigged game. And very sad
Are your hockey takes this ill informed?

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
He has built the farm team and prospect pool into a top 5 in the league , has a solid core of youngsters , accumulated lots of picks and was wise enough to realize we were not an Ekholm away from beating Tampa bay . He had also managed to make the team more competitive this year with the additions of Allen , toffoli Anderson edmundson while not taking away from the future . If you remove the drouin deal and the alzner signing I think he has done excellent

Top 5 in the league or North Division? How are you getting these rankings. :laugh:

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
What is Ill informed? Lived here my whole life. You may see a town that’s red here or there, but overall NY/NJ will never have a strong republican contingent. Or do you think there’s no cronyism or corruption? Both states have 2 of the worst tax laws in the nation, that’s why NY especially during Covid up to this current date is having a mass exodus. Please enlighten the rest of us?

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
What is Ill informed? Lived here my whole life. You may see a town that’s red here or there, but overall NY/NJ will never have a strong republican contingent. Or do you think there’s no cronyism or corruption? Both states have 2 of the worst tax laws in the nation, that’s why NY especially during Covid up to this current date is having a mass exodus. Please enlighten the rest of us?

This "cronyism and corruption" isn't a Democrat thing or a Republican thing; it's a Human thing...exists everywhere and on all sides...

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
This "cronyism and corruption" isn't a Democrat thing or a Republican thing; it's a Human thing...exists everywhere and on all sides...
Yea and in NY and NJ it’s by far some of the worst in the nation. We have to pay extra for everything from garbage to gas. We used to have some of the cheapest gas in the country, but they bumped it to fix our roads. And the roads are still shit

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Yea and in NY and NJ it’s by far some of the worst in the nation. We have to pay extra for everything from garbage to gas. We used to have some of the cheapest gas in the country, but they bumped it to fix our roads. And the roads are still shit

...OK, first let me premise this by saying that I'm not trying to make light of your complaints; I really am not...however when I hear any American complain about taxes, I tell them that I live Nova Scotia, the heaviest taxed province in Canada...our taxes make yours look like an annual charity donation (yes, I'm being a bit dramatic but not as much as you may think) and our roads, infrastructure, etc. makes a lot of yours look semi-new in comparison...our gas prices are almost twice yours despite the fact that Canada is also one of the Top 5 Oil producing Nations in the World and our population is only 1/9th what yours is...what I'm getting at here is that you Americans actually have it pretty good in comparison to, well, most of the World when it comes to taxes, even in ridiculously heavily-populated areas like NYC...I'm not saying things couldn't be much better, but I can tell you from at least a taxes point of view that they could be much, much worse...

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
...OK, first let me premise this by saying that I'm not trying to make light of your complaints; I really am not...however when I hear any American complain about taxes, I tell them that I live Nova Scotia, the heaviest taxed province in Canada...our taxes make yours look like an annual charity donation (yes, I'm being a bit dramatic but not as much as you may think) and our roads, infrastructure, etc. makes a lot of yours look semi-new in comparison...our gas prices are almost twice yours despite the fact that Canada is also one of the Top 5 Oil producing Nations in the World and our population is only 1/9th what yours is...what I'm getting at here is that you Americans actually have it pretty good in comparison to, well, most of the World when it comes to taxes, even in ridiculously heavily-populated areas like NYC...I'm not saying things couldn't be much better, but I can tell you from at least a taxes point of view that they could be much, much worse...
This area is not like others in our land. You want to put a shed on your property? Need hundreds of dollars for a permit. Want to change the footprint of your deck? More permits. You want to pass electrical or plumbing inspections? Don’t even get me started. 15-17k In property taxes for not even a quarter acre of land. The mob runs the garbage industry still.. you need to pay extra for that and water and sewage. Our car insurance is the highest in the nation because of the dense population and amount of theft. I can go on and on. Organized crime runs the ports as well so and nothing seems to change with the politics. Oh yea and if you work in NY and live 10 minutes away in jersey. You pay ny tax nj tax and federal on you income, because they don’t put it in our ass enough. At least you get free health care. There’s only 3 states in our union left that don’t have chocking tax laws. Florida Nevada and Texas. It’s a shame people are running to those states so fast there going to screw them up too. This country went to war with England over choking taxes. As a single guy with at good job, if you want a house in a decent area and an ok car you better make 8-10k a month

Last edited:

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
This area is not like others in our land. You want to put a shed on your property? Need hundreds of dollars for a permit. Want to change the footprint of your deck? More permits. You want to pass electrical or plumbing inspections? Don’t even get me started. 15-17k In property taxes for not even a quarter acre of land. The mob runs the garbage industry still.. you need to pay extra for that and water and sewage. Our car insurance is the highest in the nation because of the dense population and amount of theft. I can go on and on. Organized crime runs the ports as well so and nothing seems to change with the politics. Oh yea and if you work in NY and live 10 minutes away in jersey. You pay ny tax nj tax and federal on you income, because they don’t put it in our ass enough. At least you get free health care

...well, it's actually our much higher taxes that pays for Health Care, so we do actually pay for it in the end...believe me, I understand that the Government takes every little shred it can lay it's greasy hands on...all I was trying to say is that this BS goes on regardless of who's the political party in power in pretty much every country and that in America, you guys actually have it not as bad as in a lot of other places...you guys honestly seem to get down on yourselves more than you need to, if you get my meaning...

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
So Deangelo had a taker and chose not to accept? Is this guy actually that stupid?
Late to the party but if it hasn't been said already he likely stands a decent chance at a 1 or 2 year multi million are you legit or not deal vs what would have likely been a league minimum.

It would probably be in his best interest to be the top remaining FA left with a decent hockey career so far if you blindfold the off ice antics.

Not worth jeopardizing that leverage more or get unlucky and hurt.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
NY is, that doesn't mean the majority of Rangers fans are.

CoopersFalls

Director of Armchair Operations
Mar 5, 2010
Central Ontario
You have Weber in the room. Corey Perry and Eric Staal too. It was a good idea to try and get the type of on ice player they desperately need for the rest of the year. One year trial, I say yes every time.

gach

Aug 2, 2018
Honest question...do you have higher taxes then Quebec?

HFBS

Noted Troublemaker
Jan 18, 2015

He's 100% correct.

Reactions: jay from jersey

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
I am saying this as a Habs fan. Marc Beegvin is in his 8th season now and this is the first year that you can honestly say that he has build a decent hockey team. I think he figures that his job is on the line sooner than later and that he has to go all in to win a playoff round to keep his job.

Taking on a DeAngelo that already has a D core of Weber, Petry, Edmonston and Chariot has a lot of fun experience and leadership. Throw in Perry, Staal, Gallagher, Price and it is a pretty veteran team. I’d be happy to try DeAngelo out on a one year term. Low risk / high reward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad