Pre-Game Talk: Montreal vs Vancouver (10pm EST, Tuesday March 7th/2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
He should of started Montoya in VAN and Price in EDM/CAL, them be two gewd teams.

Vancouver can surprise you with good goaltending sometimes, so I think it makes sense to put your best goaltender against that weaker team and make sure you secure a win in that western trip before you face Edm and Calgary.

Braun

Apr 17, 2014
Montreal
Vancouver can surprise you with good goaltending sometimes, so I think it makes sense to put your best goaltender against that weaker team and make sure you secure a win in that western trip before you face Edm and Calgary.

Personally I'd rather beat good playoffs teams. A loss against VAN is meh, I always prefer beating the better teams.

OnceWasNot

Jul 28, 2009
Thank God Emelin is finally scratched. Hope Vegas takes either him or Plekanec off our hands.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002

Everything is happening! :laugh:

kpsDOtF.png

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
So what? It's not like it's first game there. I'm pretty sure Price wouldn't be mad if Montoya played against the weaker team.

Family and friends will be there to see him play and not Montoya.

I have no problem playing Montoya against Calgary or Edmonton, it's not like he's a liability or something. He's doing a good job.

Raider917

Feb 4, 2004
Nova Scotia
Price is playing tommorow? If he wants to play, he better. If he turns on Julien like he did on Therrien it will get bad again.

Habby Gilmore

Dec 2, 2013
Halifax
Price is playing tommorow? If he wants to play, he better. If he turns on Julien like he did on Therrien it will get bad again.

I can't imagine Price turning on CJ already? I'm sure he will be in net tomorrow, Remember Therrien had the goalie schedule done up right from the beginning of the season for starts. So Price knew he would be playing tonight for months and most likely made arrangements for family to be there.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
So what? It's not like it's first game there. I'm pretty sure Price wouldn't be mad if Montoya played against the weaker team.

No Montreal starting goalie has won in Edmonton since 2000. If Montoya gets a start, it should be against Edmonton. Price will want to start against Vancouver and is coming off three days off.

Braun

Apr 17, 2014
Montreal
No Montreal starting goalie has won in Edmonton since 2000. If Montoya gets a start, it should be against Edmonton. Price will want to start against Vancouver and is coming off three days off.

Sorry but that's a silly stat. You can't seriously think Montoya has a better chance of beating EDM just because he isn't a starter. Come on!

Also backups started in EDM because they sucked for a long time.

TheAntiPrice

Oct 25, 2009
Montreal, QC
Montoya shutout the Oilers few weeks ago at home, he should definitely get that start. Calgary doesn't play again until they play us on Thursday, they're on a 7 game winning streak, they'll be hard to beat.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Ready to bet that Price will get the 3 starts.... only 3 games this week folks.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
Road trip coming at a perfect time for the new guys to bound with their teamates. For some reasons i feel like we're coming back with at least 3 wins.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
We have 4 games in a span of 13 days, I bet Price plays them all the they split the home and home with Ottawa.

habsterr

Jan 5, 2014
Edmonton
with Radulov out, how has Hudon NOT been called up for this trip!? They said they wouldn't call him up to play on the 4th line. Now that there's an opening in the top 6, they still don't call him up? I just don't get it.

Hudon plays LW/C
Radulov plays RW

Plus we have lot's of extra players right now and they should all rotate in.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Sorry but that's a silly stat. You can't seriously think Montoya has a better chance of beating EDM just because he isn't a starter. Come on!

Also backups started in EDM because they sucked for a long time.

It isn't a silly stat at all. Look at Price's numbers against Edmonton. Either way, I don't know why you're calling for Montoya start. There's no back to backs which means Price should start them all regardless.

Uncle Gary

Apr 12, 2014
Price should start against Calgary for sure. Put Montoya in against the oilers. Price isn't usually very good against them.

Braun

Apr 17, 2014
Montreal
It isn't a silly stat at all. Look at Price's numbers against Edmonton. Either way, I don't know why you're calling for Montoya start. There's no back to backs which means Price should start them all regardless.

I think Price should start all 3 but I know he won't so I'd prefer he start EDM and CAL.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Check his stats in Vancouver. He's bad. I've never missed a game here. Carey struggles here mightyly

Again, that's wrong. He's had some good games here and even stole one in the prime of the Canucks. Yes, he's had bad games but since 2012, it's been more good than bad.

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
Yeah let's start Montoya and **** Price off now that he's playing well.. That would be some brilliant coaching for you :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad