Not open for further replies.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Surprised no thread yet.

:habs vs :nucks
queen.jpg

Notable absences:
Habs: Gionta is not playing tonight for family reasons. Emelin: Knee. Murray out.
Canucks: Edler is out for the Canucks due to a suspension. Burrows is out as well.

Lines
EDIT: thanks to roy munson and eddy punch clock:
Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Gallagher
Pacioretty-Eller-Brière
Bourque-Desharnais-Prust
Moen-Bournival-White

Markov-Subban
Tinordi (Gorges)-Diaz
Beaulieu-Bouillon

Sedin - Sedin - Santorelli
Higgins - Kesler - Hansen
Booth - Richardson - Kassian
Sestito - Dalpe - Weise

Garrison - Bieksa
Hamhuis - Tanev
Stanton - Weber

Luongo

My prediction: Plekanec stays with Gallagher and Galchenyuk, while Desharnais returns at centre between Pacioretty and Briere by the end of the game leaving Eller with Bourque and Prust.

As for the score, I say 4-2 Canucks.

Last edited:

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Surprised no thread yet.

Gionta is not playing tonight for family reasons if I am not mistaken.

My prediction:

Plekanec stays with Gallagher and Galchenyuk, while Desharnais returns at centre between Pacioretty and Briere by the end of the game leaving Eller with Bourque and Prust.

As for the score, I say 4-2 Canucks.

I,d be so pissed off if that happens. Eller with Bourque and Prust??? Honestly if that happens, I'm suspecting Therrien to be a spy working for Boston or Toronto....

Apr 1, 2006
Montreal
...My prediction:

Plekanec stays with Gallagher and Galchenyuk, while Desharnais returns at centre between Pacioretty and Briere by the end of the game leaving Eller with Bourque and Prust...

Those were the lines at yesterday's practice:

Pacioretty-Eller-Brière
Bourque-Desharnais-Prust
Moen-Bournival-White

Markov-Subban
Tinordi (Gorges)-Diaz
Beaulieu-Bouillon

Link:LaPresse (Godin)

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
I,m calling from an incredible Price performance à la Jean-Sébastien Giguère....;)

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Those were the lines at yesterday's practice:

Pacioretty-Eller-Brière
Bourque-Desharnais-Prust
Moen-Bournival-White

Markov-Subban
Tinordi (Gorges)-Diaz
Beaulieu-Bouillon

Link:LaPresse (Godin)

Oh I know, I said there will be an in game shuffle which would place Eller and the third and Desharnais back with Pacioretty. I fully expect it.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
I,m calling from an incredible Price performance à la Jean-Sébastien Giguère....;)

While that would be nice and refreshing, I hope it doesn't come down to Price standing on his head for us to win the game. I want to see a convincing team win like we saw in the first 30 games of last season.

PricePkPatch*

Strong defensive game for our top 2 pairings, and our 4th line is going to push them hard.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
While that would be nice and refreshing, I hope it doesn't come down to Price standing on his head for us to win the game. I want to see a convincing team win like we saw in the first 30 games of last season.

Same here....but I don't expect it. Would be shocked to us win this one and honestly, I think we are all awaiting for Price, every hater or non-hater CANNOT wait for Price to came incredibly big and save the day. It could be great for everybody. For Price to do it at home. For the team to know they can really count on him. For the fans who somewhat "could" be reassured (at least for 1 night...;)) and so on.

As a team, I have no problem seeing them destroying Winnipeg then. 6 points out of 8....that would be incredibly great. You would have had a great performance by your backup...and an incredible one from your starter...and to finish it all, a dominating performance by the team..just what the doctor ordered for everyone involved.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
What worked with desharnais when he had 60 points? 2 lumbering wingers with speed who fearlessly drove the puck to the net.

Bourque and prust can bring similar tools even though their collective hands are not the same. Just maybe this can work for desharnais.

Shaby23

Mar 30, 2012
Quebec
What worked with desharnais when he had 60 points? 2 lumbering wingers with speed who fearlessly drove the puck to the net.

Bourque and prust can bring similar tools even though their collective hands are not the same. Just maybe this can work for desharnais.

When DD had 60 pts he was GOOOD with the puck and without it. Now he's a complete mess from both end.

He just needs to wake up and play better. Doesn't matter who is linemates are.

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
Here's what we're throwing at you guys tonight:

Sedin - Sedin - Santorelli
Higgins - Kesler - Hansen
Booth - Richardson - Kassian
Sestito - Dalpe - Weise

Garrison - Bieksa
Hamhuis - Tanev
Stanton - Weber

Luongo
Santorelli has been on fire. Kesler not so much... very slow start.

Kassian should be fired up to but possibly a bit rusty. He never had that great of a camp to begin with.

Lastly, your old buddy Weber should be extra motivated playing his old team and eager to get off the fourth line..... which probably won't play more than 3-4 minutes tonight.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
When DD had 60 pts he was GOOOD with the puck and without it. Now he's a complete mess from both end.

He just needs to wake up and play better. Doesn't matter who is
linemates are.

I agree with you, but sometimes a certain change can ignite a player's confidence, just like how a change of scenery via trade can help a player rejuvenate their career.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Here's what we're throwing at you guys tonight:

Santorelli has been on fire. Kesler not so much... very slow start.

Kassian should be fired up to but possibly a bit rusty. He never had that great of a camp to begin with.

Lastly, your old buddy Weber should be extra motivated playing his old team and eager to get off the fourth line..... which probably won't play more than 3-4 minutes tonight.

How's Weber playing? Is he really moving from D to 4th line again?

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
How's Weber playing? Is he really moving from D to 4th line again?

In camp/pre season he'd have a great game followed by a lousy one.

The fourth line duties were just because of the Burrows/Schroeder injuries and Kassians suspension.

Barring any more injuries or Shanabans, he's going to be in tough to stay in the line up when Edler returns. Tonight is a great opportunity for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad