Pre-Game Talk: Montreal vs Tampa Bay

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Montreal playing their entire roster tonight... wtf... whatever. They better not be playing everyone against Detroit. Tampa will come hard, crashing and banging, and this team has nothing to gain from a win... I don't like it.

Probably as close to a playoff prep game as it gets... minus Weber, Benn and Emelin. Can't say I'm thrilled to see Nestea on the first pairing against the likes of Kucherov, but nothing to play for so 'oh well'. I'm more worried about Tampa's tough Ds out there who could go full nasty against Lehkonen/Byron types in the corners.

Will be watching this one with interest. Praying for no injuries and a good look at Brett Lernout... Bernout, typo intended.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
All great for Price to insist to play tonight....I'd insist if winning means eliminating Tampa Bay....but he really has to know that he REALLY might have to do it by himself with the backend hurt like that....

Nesterov, Davidson and Lernout tonight? Ayoye.....I've never miss Barberio as much as I did today...but just today.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Leafs fans will be in a state of panic if we lose for atleast a day. It would be quite entertaining although I like getting to play spoiler knowing we're in a playoff spot.

It's a win win for me. Great if we win. Funny if we lose.

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
Hoping Emelin will be ready for the playoffs. At this point though, I figure the team isn't taking any chances and nobody is going to play through an injury, as per the Weber and Benn situation.

I hope the team doesn't need to play Nesterov in the playoffs, he's really bad and brings nothing valuable. Davidson can do the job IMO.

Wouldn't mind Montreal losing tonight. Honestly.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I don't mind if we lose this one. i would LOVE to deny the Leafs a playoff spot hahahaha

Getting out injury free is the key for this game for the Habs. Some overzealous Tampa player crashing into and taking Price out for the season means season over and someone having some serious questions to answer for. Same goes for any other key Habs player but Price especially. I really don't care if the Leafs make it or not.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
The Islanders have to be the one to make it.

Tampa loses tonight, they are screwed.

And Leafs plays the Pens and Jackets for their last two games so that's a massive wall(unless they let Sid sleep one out).

Not sure what the Isles' opponants are going to be, though. But I have faith in you, Doug Weight.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Bolts fan here. Good to see we are cheering for the same team tonight. :laugh:

Drew4u

Jul 22, 2016
Pretty dumb to start price tonight. Let him rest up and start against detroit.

Tenshi

Mar 9, 2017
Orleans, Ottawa

And Leafs plays the Pens and Jackets for their last two games so that's a massive wall(unless they let Sid sleep one out).

Not sure what the Isles' opponants are going to be, though. But I have faith in you, Doug Weight.

NJD on Saturday, Sens on Sunday

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012

Halak is working his magic
I believe he won 5 of his 6 starts since being recalled

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Montreal playing their entire roster tonight... wtf... whatever. They better not be playing everyone against Detroit. Tampa will come hard, crashing and banging, and this team has nothing to gain from a win... I don't like it.

Habs are not playing half their d-group tonight...

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site

It seems like Benn is ready to go now, but Weber is not. Yes, he will suit up for the playoffs, but I think it would be naive to think that he's coming back fully healed.

Hoping the best regarding Weber but I'm now thinking that this move was more an injury than rest period, and not the other way around.

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal
Still hope we win. Don't want to go in the playoffs with a losing streak even if the games were meaningless.

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
Hey, wasn't Tampon Bay the team that outlawed fans from wearing the other team's jerseys during the play-offs?
Pathetic Mickey Mouse organization.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad