GDT: Montreal vs San Jose · October 17 at 10:30pm · NBCSN / TSN2 / RDS

Predict the Outcome

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010

I don't love the fact that Gallagher isn't on there, but I'm super happy they're going with the 1-3-1 look over the 3-2 look. Weber in the Ovi spot is a good idea. Weber needs to move around more out there to get better looks though. Chucky is in a good spot too. At least they've got guys that can gain the zone when they likely lose the face-off.

The other observation is that this team is really hard up for offensive centers (that management trusts).

Giacomo

Sep 26, 2017
I thought I was hyped for this season, and then I got really mad at the team for their performance. But now, I really kind of want them to tank this season and get Dahlin at the draft
Colorado tried and failed, Toronto got lucky. Are we that lucky?

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Benn has been awful so far so I am glad Julien is giving him a game off. One thing I don't understand though is why Benn keeps getting put on the left side, he was very solid for us on the right side last year then in the playoffs and this year he's played on the left where he has struggled.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
Benn has been awful so far so I am glad Julien is giving him a game off. One thing I don't understand though is why Benn keeps getting put on the left side, he was very solid for us on the right side last year then in the playoffs and this year he's played on the left where he has struggled.

He's not playing tonight ?

Shit, our chances of winning are higher now.

Nashy

Living on Fish Island
Feb 2, 2006
Toronto
This game is big for 2 reasons.....one, to break the almost 18 year losing streak in SJ and two, to break the current 4 game winless streak. With each loss, the noose tightens just a little bit on Bergevin,.

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
Oh, I just notice that the NYR is currently the 2nd worst team, they have only 1 win.....and guess they got that win against what team.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Here's hoping Benn being scratched tonight will help him straighten his game out. He is nowhere near as solid as he was last year when he was traded to Montreal.

By the same token, here's hoping Morrow does what Davidson did after having a terrible camp and steps into the regular season and does well.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Hopefully Hemsky experiment will end after this trip.

I feel the same way.

Line-up for tonight is out?

The lines at practice were:

Pacioretty - Drouin - Lehkonen
Byron - Plekanec - Gallagher
Hudon - Danault - Shaw
Galchenyuk - Mitchell - Hemsky

De La Rose will be scratched

Mete - Weber
Alzner - Petry
Morrow - Davidson

Benn will be scratched

Price starts
Montoya

Reactions: HabsDood

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Playing out west against the big California teams is where I'd expect DLR to help out this team on the 4th line.

I really have a hard time figuring out what Hemsky is meant to accomplish for this team. We have better options on the top 9, and we have better options to ice on the PP. Why is he even playing?

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
Playing out west against the big California teams is where I'd expect DLR to help out this team on the 4th line.

I really have a hard time figuring out what Hemsky is meant to accomplish for this team. We have better options on the top 9, and we have better options to ice on the PP. Why is he even playing?
It's those damn compromising pictures DD was in possession of.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Why he's iced on the PP is surely because they're banking on his playmaking skills to help (I don't see it either). But as for having better options on the Top-9, they do and they are using them. Hemsky is on the 4th line, not in the Top-9.

Bee Holder

Jul 3, 2017
Montreal
Colorado tried and failed, Toronto got lucky. Are we that lucky?
well, apparently the draft is going to be very good next summer. Maybe a top 3 pick is good enough. You look at teams that only got the 2nd pick but ended up with Laine or Eichel!

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Why he's iced on the PP is surely because they're banking on his playmaking skills to help (I don't see it either). But as for having better options on the Top-9, they do and they are using them. Hemsky is on the 4th line, not in the Top-9.

I know that.

Which begs the question, why have him in the line-up at all if have better to offer on the PP and he's on the 4th line at ES.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad