Pre-Game Talk: Montreal vs Pittsburgh

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Against Carey Price? :laugh: Come on, now.

I'll be at the game. Excited to see PK live. He's a treat to watch.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Gonna be a bad one, I think. Even if our offense starts to click, our defense is still disastrous and MAF isn't gonna be able to stand on his head every night.

Hope I'm wrong. Would really like to see Sid get something going.

Hoping for a crazy change, though it'll never happen;

Hornqvist - Crosby - Kessel
Perron - Malkin - Sprong
Plotnikov - Bonino - Bennett

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Don't worry guys... I'm sure the super skilled, silky-smooth combination of Plotnikov, Malkin, Hornqvist, Scuderi and Dumoulin will finally break out in this one. They seem to love that group of players so much that they are finding ways to get them out on the ice together as much as possible. Almost like an old school Soviet style 5 man unit! Hey... for Geno! Just like Scotty Bowman did for the Wings in the 90s! Coach is a genius!

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Yeah, this has potential to get ugly if the boys don't make some adjustments.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Don't worry guys... I'm sure the super skilled, silky-smooth combination of Plotnikov, Malkin, Hornqvist, Scuderi and Dumoulin will finally break out in this one. They seem to love that group of players so much that they are finding ways to get them out on the ice together as much as possible. Almost like an old school Soviet style 5 man unit! Hey... for Geno! Just like Scotty Bowman did for the Wings in the 90s! Coach is a genius!

Ironically, Bowman, being the intelligent coach that he was, told the Russian five to just play their style and didn't systematize them.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Ironically, Bowman, being the intelligent coach that he was, told the Russian five to just play their style and didn't systematize them.

I was JUST getting ready to post something like this in another thread. Why does this team need a system, or be told who to pass the puck to in the offensive zone?

There should be a system when the offense loses the puck, and in the defensive zone. Those are the places you need a system. When we're rushing up ice, there's no reason to have a concrete system in place. When you have creative guys, a coach should let those creative guys work their magic.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Yeah the game is tomorrow. I was very confused for a moment reading this thread.

Honestly I'll be happy if we score more than one goal. Baby steps.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004

So... what you and JTG are saying here is that it's unwise to try to coach your Art Ross winning centers to play like a watered-down, even-more-robotic Jordan Staal?

I don't believe it.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
In the Bylsma's era, the Pens win this game 15-1 and spawn a dozen articles about how everyone overreacted to an 0-2 start.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
I will bet you $100,000,000,000 it doesn't happen tonight
I would agree with you, but as soon as I put my nickel in there would be a news flash that due to scheduling con flicks they are moving the game up to tonight. and then it would all go down hill from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad