Montreal.vs Ottawa Dec 16th Outdoor Classic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
With Ottawa currently having attendance issues,with 12,000 showing up for a game recently,and the Montreal Canadiens season ticket holders currently selling tickets for 30 to 50% off face value, Is the outdoor classic set up for a major attendance flop? Is the NHL worrying a bit?

Are both fans bases in the mood right now willing to shell out $130-$499 a ticket????

DavePeak

What a goal Mann!
Jul 15, 2009
Montreal
Have you ever been to Canadian Tire Centre in Kanata? It feels like it is in the middle of nowhere, far from Downtown, with an impressive neighborhood of car dealerships. Imagine if the Bell Centre was in St-Basile-le-Grand, but with city-grade parking. I went there a few times for Sens-Habs rivalry and I loved every moment of it, but damn it is a weird place to have a Major League arena. /rant

It is true though, that the price is not right for that type of event this year between these two teams.

Reactions: habergeon

lo striver

Jun 13, 2011
Our Lady of Grace
Have you ever been to Canadian Tire Centre in Kanata? It feels like it is in the middle of nowhere, far from Downtown, with an impressive neighborhood of car dealerships. Imagine if the Bell Centre was in St-Basile-le-Grand, but with city-grade parking. I went there a few times for Sens-Habs rivalry and I loved every moment of it, but damn it is a weird place to have a Major League arena. /rant

It is true though, that the price is not right for that type of event this year between these two teams.

I went to CTC a few years back. It took us almost an hour to get out of the parking lot before we were able to hit the road after the game. I will never go there again.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
They should have scheduled that game for late January. The way the weather is going currently, and has been for a couple of years, I’m seriously thinking this game will be postponed. Dec 16 is not late at all. In fact it’s technically not even winter.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I refuse to attend this game, even if :
- I'm a fan of one of the teams
- It's about a 30-minute walk from where I live
- I can totally afford the tickets

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
They should have scheduled that game for late January. The way the weather is going currently, and has been for a couple of years, I’m seriously thinking this game will be postponed. Dec 16 is not late at all. In fact it’s technically not even winter.

Game is part of Canada 150 celebrations. Cant do it next year. Maybe January of last season. There is always strong attendance for habs vs sens in Ottawa. This will be a success no doubt.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
We're almost there ...
xscreen_36.jpg.pagespeed.ic._mT25cOz8V.webp

Reactions: habergeon and Tuggy

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Funny thing about Ottawa... a little sympathy has crept into my feelings about the Sens. They're having an even worse season than us, plus they're being picked on by emboldened Leafs fans and their ever-expanding egos.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
When I saw that the Habs were playing in Ottawa on a Saturday I thought about getting tickets. I enjoy seeing the team play on the road. When I saw it was an outdoor game I quickly changed my mind.

The gimmick is silly. It looks kind of cool on TV but no interest whatsoever in going to see the game.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
zero interest. Will Ron be have a 30 minute pregame speech about the importance of hockey over time, the history of Montreal/Ottawa hockey and slow motion cut scenes with old footage? Puke.

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Game is not even sold out and tickets are selling below face value on stubhub. Ok tickets are more expensive than regular and capacity was increased but the "once in a lifetime" experience does not seem to sell so well. Weekend HNIC game, downtown Ottawa, Habs vs Sens...thought there would be more interest.

Uncle Gary

Apr 12, 2014
I totally forgot about this game. It is going to be dead there. Cold and two awful teams. I wouldn't go for free.

Reactions: Runner77

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
The reason the league continues to hold these games, is because they are revenue drivers and do extremely well in the markets that they are held, even if the national interest begins to sway.

If you haven't been to one of these though, don't miss out - there's something very WINTER WONDERLANDY about outdoor games. I've been to 4 now, and i wouldn't trade those experiences in for anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad