Aug 3, 2009
:habs

Artturi Lehkonen
Brett Kulak
2nd round pick(TBL)

:nucks

Tanner Pearson
Jake Virtanen

Montreal I think will want to add a little more offensive ability to their forward group. I think Tatar will be traded at the deadline and they get pieces back maybe in the form of picks due to the pandemic and not getting players because of the quarantine to and from the states.

As this is a in Canada deal I think it'd be what Bergevin would be looking for.

Plus I'd like to see Pearson on a line with Toffoli in Montreal as they are close friends.

This deal for Vancouver gives them options and wants I was thinking.

This deal would save them close to 2mill in cap space this year in case they wanted to take on salary from another trade to get more picks or prospect by taking on another team's expiring contracts.

Unlike Pearson, Lehkonen is an RFA at seasons end and they have him in the organization at years end compared to UFA Pearson. Kulak has another year after this year and would be an upgrade for sure on Benn who will either be dealt or walk. The Canucks again would have another young player under contract for next year and is serviceable not waiting for him to develope and join the team. It also offsets Virtanens second year cap wise.

The 2nd round pick was to add more value to get more assets back for the two for Vancouver.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
I like both teams, MTL does not do it. Virtanen is a poor man s Anderson, and I don t think you want him defensively on your 4th line. So Virtanen is useless for MTL at the moment.

Pearson is offensively more gifted than Lekhonen but Lekhonen is great defensively and is rfa. The difference between both is not Kulak + 2nd.

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
I like both teams, MTL does not do it. Virtanen is a poor man s Anderson, and I don t think you want him defensively on your 4th line. So Virtanen is useless for MTL at the moment.

Pearson is offensively more gifted than Lekhonen but Lekhonen is great defensively and is rfa. The difference between both is not Kulak + 2nd.
Well I'd like both on the Habs as reported that Ducharme was the one who suggested a high attacking offense and offensive mindset at the beginning and Julien reverted back to a defensive style. Virtanen would play 3rd with Danault who helps out on defensive aspects.

Drouin Suzuki Anderson
Pearson Kotkaniemi Toffoli
Virtanen Danault Gallagher
Byron Evans Armia

Like I said this is also with Tatar moved out at deadline.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Well I'd like both on the Habs as reported that Ducharme was the one who suggested a high attacking offense and offensive mindset at the beginning and Julien reverted back to a defensive style. Virtanen would play 3rd with Danault who helps out on defensive aspects.

Drouin Suzuki Anderson
Pearson Kotkaniemi Toffoli
Virtanen Danault Gallagher
Byron Evans Armia

Like I said this is also with Tatar moved out at deadline.

yes but before deadline Tatar is still here, so you can t bench him and you won t bench Virtanen... and Virtanen is rather a RW. I get where you are coming from for Pearson and honestly I could see something around Pearson being done. On another thread a VAN fan showed interest in Chiarot. And I have always thought VAN could use some guy like Byron (overpaid by 1.5m to be clear I know) with speed and frit for their bottom 6 (and no I am not trying to dump anything on VAN I like both teams which is pretty depressing right now ;) )

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018
Don't think Montreal does this. They need to get Lehk back into the lineup, I would hate to see him moved.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad