Proposal: Montreal Trades For Future

Marc Bergevin

Nov 2, 2018
Quebec
I think my team needs a good 2nd line RW to play with Poehling and Droin but there is no one in my team today that could take that role in 2 or 3 years...please guys give me some ideas and proposal... ( Young players please )

1: Domi----------Kotkaniemi----------Suzuki
2: Drouin--------Poehling--------------?
3: Tatar----------Danault--------------Gallagher
4: Lehkonen---*Prospect-------------Armia

1: ---?-----------------Weber
2: Mete---------------Brook
3: Reilly--------------Juulsen
Extra : Cale Fleury

1: Price
2: Primeau

*Prospect for 4th center : Jake Evans, Jacob Olofsson

We need a 2nd RW and a 1rst LHD
Player available or picks :
NHlers : Petry, Hudon, Agostino, Deslaurier, Byron, Shaw, Schlemko, Benn, Kulak, Lindgren, Niemi
Prospects : Joni Ikonen, Cam Hillis, ( Romanov ( not sure, he seems to be good ) ), Jesse Ylonen, 2019 first round pick, 2019 (2) 2nd round pick, 2019 others round picks, 2020 first round pick and 2020 others round pick

Make proposal for Young LHD and good 2nd line RW

Last edited:

Mackiaveli

Nov 24, 2015
I think my team needs a good 2nd line RW to play with Poehling and Droin but there is no one in my team today that could take that role in 2 or 3 years...please guys give me some ideas and proposal... ( Young players please )

1: Domi----------Kotkaniemi----------Suzuki
2: Drouin--------Poehling--------------?
3: Tatar----------Danault--------------Gallagher
4: Lehkonen---*Prospect-------------Armia

1: ---?-----------------Weber
2: Mete---------------Brook
3: Reilly--------------Juulsen
Extra : Cale Fleury

1: Price
2: Primeau

*Prospect for 4th center : Jake Evans, Jacob Olofsson

We need a 2nd RW and a 1rst LHD
Player available or picks :
NHlers : Petry, Hudon, Agostino, Deslaurier, Byron, Shaw, Schlemko, Benn, Kulak, Lindgren, Niemi
Prospects : Joni Ikonen, Cam Hillis, ( Romanov ( not sure, he seems to be good ) ), Jesse Ylonen, 2019 first round pick, 2019 (2) 2nd round pick, 2019 others round picks, 2020 first round pick and 2020 others round pick

Make proposal for Young LHD and good 2nd line RW

Habs likely end up drafting Caufield barring some insane playoff run, or some monstrous tanking. Leason, Beaucage and Grewe are likely to be a great look in the 2nd round as well.

Ikonen, Ylonen, and Romanov are all going to be NHL caliber prospects.

Stripper

Mar 4, 2013
Is Poehling projected to be "that" good? A top 6 role in 2 years? Suzuki first line right wing... Seems like wishful thinking to me...

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Is Poehling projected to be "that" good? A top 6 role in 2 years? Suzuki first line right wing... Seems like wishful thinking to me...

Seems like standard HF prospect overrating to me. Nothing to see here

Mackiaveli

Nov 24, 2015

Within 2 years? probably not; but Poehling is going to be an elite 3C/great 2C through his career; similar to a Krejci type, not necessarily as good though.

Suzuki similarly is looking like an elite prospect; and his size and skillset suggests he is going to be a lot better on the wing than down the middle; though it's tough to say. He isn't a big enough upgrade over Byron/Armia/Lehkonen currently to justify stunting his growth by putting him in a bottom 6 role here as opposed to letting him run rampant in the O.

Both guys should be with Laval next year to spend a bit of time with Ducharme, and likely join the team in 2020 both in middle 6 roles.

2RW is definitely not an area of need for us.

I adamantly disagree; the right wing is our second weakest position after LD. Gallagher, Drouin and Tatar are solid bonafied top 6 wingers, Lehkonen has shown flashes of brilliance but he is incredibly inconsistent to the point we can't just call it bad luck anymore.

Patches is the best pure goal scorer this team has had since Kovalev; and we need one. We are an all-lines effort team that scores from the gritty areas, but we desperately need an elite goal scorer. Was honestly hoping we ended up tanking out for Kakko, but it is what it is.

Stripper

Mar 4, 2013
Seems like standard HF prospect overrating to me. Nothing to see here
Been there, done that. Would be fun if all the players ended up obtaining their potential, but it's just not realistic.
Poehling is a futur 3rd liner, imo. But some fans are high on him.
A third line center is more plausible... But even then, wasn't McCaron supposed to be the second coming of Lucic? I expect Poehling to be burning the AHL in two years, unless he has an impressive camp and rightfully deserves a spot in the top 9.

Mackiaveli

Nov 24, 2015
On topic however, the pieces we have that are movable for assets are Petry, Shaw (as of late he has upped his stock tremendously), Byron and our picks/prospects. Nothing else should be made available outside of insane over-payments (Drouin/Domi/Kotkaniemi/Gallagher should be the absolute untouchables)

Unless we're adding a talent that makes us better now, and is under ~24 we shouldn't be making moves for players.

Mackiaveli

Nov 24, 2015
But even then, wasn't McCaron supposed to be the second coming of Lucic?

Mike's problem was his game doesn't work in today's NHL; he was a big physical player who didn't have the speed and stick skill it takes to be successful in 2015+. It's the same issue as Tinordi had; the Habs spent a few years drafting size because the biggest criticism of the team was how small they were. Lucic is suffering from a lot of the same issues; but he has a bit more footspeed to him so that's why he can make it work.

expect Poehling to be burning the AHL in two years

Yep, the kid is going to be playing on the top line with Suzuki under D.D

unless he has an impressive camp and rightfully deserves a spot in the top 9.

Unless we move out Danault, Poehling will be our 4C learning the defensive side of the game at the NHL level. He is one of the few players I do hope Claude is still around for (I'd rather Coach Q but oh well) because Claude helped shape Bergeron, and if Poehling can find the offensive flare he has the personality, build, and playstyle to fit the Bergeron mold. I think realistically he tops out as our 2C behind Kotkaniemi.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
Domi is almost a point per game player (35 in 37) who is playing center. Why convert him to the wing?

Just roll with Domi, Kotkaniemi, Poehling down the middle in the long term future. If Kotkaniemi passes Domi then it is an even bigger plus.

Then figure out the fourth line center when need be. It can be Danault, some prospect or a UFA. That is the easy one to fill out.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Nick Bjugstad for Juulsen straight up or Fleury + one of your 2019 2nd round picks

Could be used as a middle six C or RW option, big body along the boards and down low. 2nd PP/PK capability as well.
2.5 years left with 4.1 million caphit, FLA could retain a bit if need be to increase his value.

Stripper

Mar 4, 2013
Unless we move out Danault, Poehling will be our 4C learning the defensive side of the game at the NHL level. He is one of the few players I do hope Claude is still around for (I'd rather Coach Q but oh well) because Claude helped shape Bergeron, and if Poehling can find the offensive flare he has the personality, build, and playstyle to fit the Bergeron mold. I think realistically he tops out as our 2C behind Kotkaniemi.
I'd rather see Poehling piling up points in the AHL and play around 19 minutes per night than him being on the 4th line playing for 6. As for the Bergeron comparaison... too soon to tell. Bergeron is elite in his own way and was having a career year until the accident.

For now, I'll be happy if Peohling becomes a NHL player, period. What line he ends up on will depend on him and a little luck.

Mike Dukarm

Aug 3, 2018
Montreal
Nick Bjugstad for Juulsen straight up or Fleury + one of your 2019 2nd round picks

Could be used as a middle six C or RW option, big body along the boards and down low. 2nd PP/PK capability as well.
2.5 years left with 4.1 million caphit, FLA could retain a bit if need be to increase his value.

No need of Bjustad in Montreal... Wont give up young players for him..

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
W8, Do I see Domi and Drouin separated and Domi on wing? Why is that?
Honestly think it might happen in the future and i got nothing against it. an other top 10 pick Center, Kotkaniemi, poehling panning out, could mean Domi back to the wing and i think he could do as well or even better offensively there!

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
Poehling is a futur 3rd liner, imo. But some fans are high on him.

Most likely, Kotkaniemi will be a 2nd liner and Poehling a 3rd.

In my team, we're just screwed anyway and still have low level center on the top 6 for years to come.

... and Jake Evans should be the name on the 4th line

Marc Bergevin

Nov 2, 2018
Quebec

In my team, we're just screwed anyway and still have low level center on the top 6 for years to come.

KOTKANIEMI WILL BE OUR 1RST CENTER POINT ! Stop saying that he is 2nd line... He got the talent to be number one !!! Ouf I have enough of these fake HABS fans

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018

Kotk is already the Habs second line centre. There's very little chance that he has zero progression over the next 5 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad