Proposal: Montreal - Tampa Bay

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
I have been seeing on here by their fans about the Lightning needing to dump Jeannot. I see the Lightning could use defense and maybe an upgrade in net for the backup.

Would the Lightning be interested in:

:bolts

Tanner Jeannot
Philippe Myers
1st round pick’26

:habs

David Savard
Jake Allen
A pick

Savard played in Coopers system already in the past. Still good defensively and reliable. Gets the puck out and can play a shutdown role. Allen I think would be more suitable playing on a contending team he is good I feel with a much more structured defense in front of him would help allow the Bolts a strong push to round out the season. Give rest to Vasilevskiy for the playoffs as well.

• Haha
Reactions: bert

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
I dont think TB would consider this.

-Doubt that Brisebois would do that when he gave up a 1st for Jeannot.
-Forget Allen when their backup goalie is already better than Allen
-Savard wouldnt be back without been 50% retained

... Also doubt that Hughes is so thrilled about dealing Savard for a pick 3 years later.

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Honestly Montreal could do better than that with those pieces. Also it would take guts to flip Jeannot after ponying up that massive package not too long ago.

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
Honestly Montreal could do better than that with those pieces. Also it would take guts to flip Jeannot after ponying up that massive package not too long ago.
Ya I agree, just being seeing some bolts fans saying they would look to dump Jeannot.

I just seen value wise ask could be a late first or 2nd + prospect for Savard. Then a mid pick for Allen. So both of them together and talk on here about trying to dump Jeannot I figured a 1st and take the dump and Myers who still is effecting though it’s only 250k on the cap but still will help.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
I’d do it from a Habs POV.

Jeannot is making 2.65 million this and next season. He will be a UFA after next season and if he returns to his form from a few years ago then he can be flipped for a pick. He will also be 27 next season so he could be part of the build as well. He plays a physical game so teams will have interest in him regardless.

Myers is dead 250k just for this season and the Habs have lots of cap space so that is not an issue.

The 1st in 2026 I wish would be sooner but with Stamkos, Kucherov, Hedman ane Vasilevskiy all being on the wrong side of 30 by the time that pick happens I could possibly see Tampa slipping in the standings by then.

Savard is the type of defenceman that goes for more than what he should every year at the deadline. Big and physical defenders are playoff type of players. If the Habs retained 50% even that makes him a 1.75 million cap hit.

Allen would be a reliable backup for Vasilevskiy. Don’t expect to win a Cup with him as your starter but he can play games down the stretch and give Vasilevskiy a rest and Tampa a chance to win. He makes 3.85 million this and next season. Technically the Habs could use their 50% retention on him instead of Savard and save 175k.

The trade makes it more of an all in for Tampa for this and next year.

JFleegs

Dec 9, 2010
Virginia Beach
Ya I agree, just being seeing some bolts fans saying they would look to dump Jeannot.

I just seen value wise ask could be a late first or 2nd + prospect for Savard. Then a mid pick for Allen. So both of them together and talk on here about trying to dump Jeannot I figured a 1st and take the dump and Myers who still is effecting though it’s only 250k on the cap but still will help.
Only a few are wanting to dump Jeannot. That would probably be the dumbest move after the price we paid for him. Also we had Savard before he wasn't very good here. Tampa Bay declines easily.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
savard is far past his peak and he wasn’t that great with us the first time around. we don’t really have any need for a goalie so idk what that’s about. the value is probably fair enough but it’s just not really a trade that makes sense for us.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I have been seeing on here by their fans about the Lightning needing to dump Jeannot. I see the Lightning could use defense and maybe an upgrade in net for the backup.

Would the Lightning be interested in:

:bolts

Tanner Jeannot
Philippe Myers
1st round pick’26

:habs

David Savard
Jake Allen
A pick

Savard played in Coopers system already in the past. Still good defensively and reliable. Gets the puck out and can play a shutdown role. Allen I think would be more suitable playing on a contending team he is good I feel with a much more structured defense in front of him would help allow the Bolts a strong push to round out the season. Give rest to Vasilevskiy for the playoffs as well.
Habs can't do this. Only thing in it we want is '26 first. Savard would fetch that alone.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
I can't see Tampa moving Jeannot to make cap room for Allen.

Savard is still good, there's at least a discussion to be had there, but Allen is just barely ok, I can't see TB moving a guy they acquired at a hefty price to be able to take Allen on.

In fact, change Allen for Primeau, remove Jeannot, and this deal might start to make sense. Primeau and Savard at 50% for a 1st and a minor cap dump is closer to something realistic (not that I'd suggest that deal outright)

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
1. No chance we deal Jeannot after the haul we dealt for him
2. No chance we deal another 1st
3. We aren't making a major move with this squad looking like a hot mess

Reactions: PaulGG

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Fine create a deal for whining fans
But in real world Tampa wont do this, their FO targeted TJ
A 1st plus TJ for late career guys? Doubt it

ShaneinTpa

May 21, 2019
I honestly do not see any team targeting Jeannot because frankly he has not had enough sustained time in the lineup (due to injuries) for anyone including the Lightning to know what the heck he is presently worth. Can he hit? Yes. Can he fight? For sure! But, there isn’t much fighting in the playoffs. If I was moving a contract right now, I would probably be looking more at Connor Sheary, who has not even come close to finding a groove with Tampa Bay. I don’t see Montreal wanting or needing him in. Tampa Bay really doesn’t need a back up goalie. JoJo has played really well when upon as he showed again yesterday in New Jersey. Let’s face the lightning defenseman. The most obvious would be Hanin but, they’d have to trade a roster player to compete with all the offers Calgary will get for this guy. They don’t have the parts.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Every time I open a Montreal trade proposal its always just an insane proposal that is horrible for everyone except montreal. Its like clock work.

ShaneinTpa

May 21, 2019
Regardless of what Tampa Bay gave up to get Jeannot, I don’t think any team in the NHL would show a lot of interest in somebody who, due to injuries has not had any sustained appearances this year. Can he hit? Absolutely. Can he fight? No doubt. But fighting doesn’t happen in the playoffs. I would be more inclined to think if Tampa was going to move somebody, it would be Sheary. He has not come close to finding his groove with the lightning. I can’t see Montreal having any interest in him. Let’s face it Tampa Bay first and foremost needs a defenseman. Hanifin would be the natural target especially since the player says he wants to come here. But Tampa Bay would have to give up a significant roster player to even think about competing with other teams that will be in on this guy. They don’t have the parts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad