Proposal: Montreal - St. Louis

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I don’t care whether you value Pacioretty or not. I’m not going to give him away for a bunch of nobody just because you say so.

That offer for Pacioretty is trash and I couldn’t care less if you’d do it or not because you wouldn’t even get a signed Pacioretty jersey for that.

What a silly comment to make. I never raised Pacioretty's value and never would engage with individuals who "couldn't care less". These threads have become a parody unto themselves. Take it up with the thread starter, I'm just advocating an end to these threads that don't produce any meaningful discussion.

Reactions: go4hockey

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
I like Patches but there are hurdles that prevent him from becoming a viable target.
-2017-2018 campaign
-Cost to acquire in a trade

I also forgot to mention how loaded Blues are with LH shots in their forward group. It plagued us all of last season.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
What a silly comment to make. I never raised Pacioretty's value and never would engage with individuals who "couldn't care less". These threads have become a parody unto themselves. Take it up with the thread starter, I'm just advocating an end to these threads that don't produce any meaningful discussion.

So am I. Bashing me for not wanting to trade Pacioretty for that is what make me go nuts. I haven’t said anything else other than I’m not interested in that package and rather look elsewhere.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Hf values pacs as a bag of dirt. Accept it and move until the actual trade happens and we can all see the true value.

Blues fans view him as a LHS LW (we need RHS, RW or C) with 1 year left on his deal (Armstrong has made it clear he wants players with some term) who has come off his by far worst season in 8 years.

Blues fans view Dunn as a top 4 D with potential to be top pairing, a PP QB who can help fix their abysmal PP, and a much needed ELC/cost-controlled player that will allow them to move expensive Veteran LDs to help pursue expensive UFAs/trade targets.

There is no incentive to trade a long term-piece going forward at a position of need for a short-term piece at a position of strength. Habs fans view Pacioretty as a dynamic 30 goal, 60 point winger who can be re-signed by the right team and should bounce back as he isn't that old. That's their prerogative. However, that doesn't mean other team's fan bases are going to jump for joy at the ask given their needs and the uncertainty.

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
Are the Blues interested in trading Fabbri?

What would be the asking price, injuries are kind of scary but ya what would be the asking price on Fabbri?

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017

What would be the asking price, injuries are kind of scary but ya what would be the asking price on Fabbri?
He's a fan favorite but yes. The front office should definitely get a feel for his value on the market.

If he has low return value (which I'm sure he does) then the Blues might as well keep him. He won't cost much so he could be a low risk - high reward player.

If we can package him with our 1st, or a prospect not named Thomas/Kyrou, for top 6 help, then the Blues should definitely consider it in the right deal.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
He's a fan favorite but yes. The front office should definitely get a feel for his value on the market.

If he has low return value (which I'm sure he does) then the Blues might as well keep him. He won't cost much so he could be a low risk - high reward player.

If we can package him with our 1st, or a prospect not named Thomas/Kyrou, for top 6 help, then the Blues should definitely consider it in the right deal.
I dont think trading fabbri in a package for patches or hoffman is good idea. Let's gibe him a year. No rush for a 1 year guy

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis

I'm not sure anyone that the Habs have outside of Gallagher is an actual need for STL right now. We generally aren't good trading partners due to us both being loaded heavy with LHS wingers. Gallagher is about the only piece on the Habs that fills a hole for STL and rightfully the Habs fan base has shown no interest in trading him. Pacioretty has had a great career and is still an effective goal scorer, but he will absolutely be nothing more than a 1 year rental for STL which DA has stated he isn't interested in. Now if we add a Tavares and have the cap space to bring in Pacioretty I can see the incentive to pay a premium for Patches. Outside of that most of us have been fairly adamant that the only thing that we would realistically give up of value for Patches is the WPG 1st and a B/C level prospect (Blais, Sanford,Walman) etc. This is not trying to devalue Patches, although his goal scoring ability would be greatly welcomed its just we are trying to fit a square hole with a round peg by doing so. It doesn't help our powerplay and it forces a different winger to play their offside who have generally shown they are worse off on that side.

Fabbri's injury history is scary but to be honest with how deep our system is right now I wouldn't sell short on him. If he can't come back up to speed this year, no big deal. If he can't throughout his career also we can recover. If we were to sell him for pennies on the dollar just due to a risk factor and he returned to form we look foolish. The risk/reward factor just isn't worth giving up on him for anything short of exactly what we need.

Just to be clear most of the general want for a RHS stems from our abysmal powerplay it's not just looking to nitpick for the perfect roster. Our powerplay was awful and I think it's because every single skater on the ice knew exactly what was going to happen with it. Realistically, I'd like to see Tarasenko off of the powerplay, especially if he shoots as poorly as he did last year by his standards.

Reactions: 67Blues and Colt55

warrior67

Jul 16, 2016
hockey purgatory
If the blues are robbing peter to pay paul, paul better be a top 6 center. Both the Blues and the Canadiens are in need of Top 6 Centers and LHD is not a strength of the blues so getting rid of Dunn is not great for a winger with one year of control. I don't think the Blues and Canadiens are good trade partners given we both need the same things.

Reactions: Colt55

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Blues fans view him as a LHS LW (we need RHS, RW or C) with 1 year left on his deal (Armstrong has made it clear he wants players with some term) who has come off his by far worst season in 8 years.

Blues fans view Dunn as a top 4 D with potential to be top pairing, a PP QB who can help fix their abysmal PP, and a much needed ELC/cost-controlled player that will allow them to move expensive Veteran LDs to help pursue expensive UFAs/trade targets.

There is no incentive to trade a long term-piece going forward at a position of need for a short-term piece at a position of strength. Habs fans view Pacioretty as a dynamic 30 goal, 60 point winger who can be re-signed by the right team and should bounce back as he isn't that old. That's their prerogative. However, that doesn't mean other team's fan bases are going to jump for joy at the ask given their needs and the uncertainty.

You stated this perfectly, Unfortunately blues team needs dont matter in these sort of Posts. Some of the MTL fans take it as a slight or attack when we say thanks but no thanks. Good response though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad