Proposal: Montreal Rebuild

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
I highly disagree

petry was traded to montreal for a 2nd and a 4th it was pick 57 and 117 if i remember right and now 3 years older hes worth 25 thats crazy

i cant disagree strongly enough

At the time Petry was traded he was a pending UFA who wasn't going to re-sign in Edmonton. Now he has three more years left on his contract, the Habs don't want to get rid of him (apart from a few fans who wanna go scorched earth) and he's playing the best hockey of his career. The circumstances are completely different compared to three years ago.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Detroit isnt giving up Cholowski to go from Wahlstrom/Tkachuk to Zadina.
Florida isnt giving up one of the top prospects not in the NHL and a mid 1st for a year of patches coming off a 17g/37pt seasons
Leafs arent giving up a 1st AND taking on Petrys full salary. take Matt martin back in the deal and its closer

HAHAHAHA post that I would expect from you. $5,5M for a guy that just put up 12 goals and 42 points on a terrible Habs team that had no defence. Sure, such a terrible move for the Leafs...

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
leafs arent likely to be too interested in paying a 2nd pairing dman 5.5 million.
petry isnt a top line dman, doubt anyone one argue that. so right now the leafs have zaitsev (4.5) gardiner (4.05) and hainsey (3.0) all better suited for 3-5 roles. if they are moving picks/prospects they need a guy that can play with rielly on pair 1. can prety do that?
1) That doesn't mean he's garbage like people have been saying or that it's his value
2) The only comparable guy here is Gardiner, Petry is way better than Zaitsev or Hainsey (I know he's been good with Rielly, I don't know for the rest of his game)
3) I'm positive he could. This year he acted as our #1 D most of the season and looked good doing it. Maybe his style wouldn't fit with Rielly's but he can definitely play on a top pairing with a young talented guy as a Plan B bearing the acquisition of a top pairing/elite RHD IMO

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad