Montreal Olympic Stadium getting a new roof

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Some politician(s) are no doubt getting their palms greased in this deal.

They haven't had a main tenant there in 20 years, do they even use it for anything? I would assume concerts and bad acting (WWE)?

KevFu

May 22, 2009
Phoenix from Rochester via New Orleans
You can build a brand new stadium for that price. Holy f***.

What is that? $646m USD? I'd assume you can't build a new MLB stadium for that...
(Atlanta's was $722m USD and that was in 2017, when the cost for a permanent roof in Montreal was $250m CAN).

But I definitely can't accept that adding a permanent roof for that price is the smartest decision for that building.

How much would it cost to tear down the roof, the upper deck and anything else that stands between turning that into a legit, modern, MLB stadium built onto the foundation? Surely a lot of the infrastructure there could be kept, space reallocated and build a new suite-level on up...

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
What is that? $646m USD? I'd assume you can't build a new MLB stadium for that...
(Atlanta's was $722m USD and that was in 2017, when the cost for a permanent roof in Montreal was $250m CAN).

But I definitely can't accept that adding a permanent roof for that price is the smartest decision for that building.

How much would it cost to tear down the roof, the upper deck and anything else that stands between turning that into a legit, modern, MLB stadium built onto the foundation? Surely a lot of the infrastructure there could be kept, space reallocated and build a new suite-level on up...

I forgot about the exchange rate when posting that

GindyDraws

I will not disable my Adblock, HF
Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis
Wouldn't it be cheaper in the long run to just tear the thing down? I doubt there's a lot of sentimentality towards the thing.

Mightygoose

Nov 5, 2012
Ajax, ON
Wouldn't it be cheaper in the long run to just tear the thing down? I doubt there's a lot of sentimentality towards the thing.
It would cost about 2 billion to tear it down. Part of it of the reason is a metro line runs directly underneath.

Plus there are occupants in the inclining tower that would would need to be displaced.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad