Proposal: Montreal/New Jersey

mrinsane

Dec 8, 2005
To Montreal: Michael McLeod, Mirco Mueller, 1rst pick 2019, 2nd pick 2020 and 6th round pick 2020

vs

To New Jersey: Max Pacioretty and Jordie Benn

MTL POV: We all know Habs are in rebuild mode with Weber out until December/January .. still with no true number one center. McLeod is a potential top-6 center with the size Habs need on the middle .. good skills. Mueller is young and could play some minute as 4/5 d-men I think. The bunch of picks will help the Habs to rebuild quickly.

NJ POV: MaxPac is 35 goals proven forward with a new team less pressure should score 35 again. The Devils have the space under the cap for signing him to multiple year. Benn is depth but maybe a new start could be good for him

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
So a good prospect, a first, a second, decent d prospect, and a late pick for a declining and aging winger 1 year from UFA and looking for a huge payday? I think the Devils pass quite easily. However, it would be nice as an Oil fan to see NJ get shafted this hard in a trade lol.

Reactions: ivanlwan

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Wowza, from the outside looking in, this sucks for NJ. 1 year of Patches is not worth half of that. Benn is a mid/late round pick so barely tilts the value.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I keep reading that People aren’t willing to give up a 1st for one year of Pacioretty, So this deal is hard for me to see from a NJ standpoint.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Maybe for a signed patches on a decent contract, who bounces back a bit, you could get that prolly a bit more.

But for a rental meh.

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017
To Montreal: Michael McLeod, Mirco Mueller, 1rst pick 2019, 2nd pick 2020 and 6th round pick 2020

vs

Counter offer:

Take out Michael McLeod, Mirco Mueller, 1rst pick 2019, 2nd pick 2020 and Max Pacioretty

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014

vs

MTL POV: We all know Habs are in rebuild mode with Weber out until December/January .. still with no true number one center. McLeod is a potential top-6 center with the size Habs need on the middle .. good skills. Mueller is young and could play some minute as 4/5 d-men I think. The bunch of picks will help the Habs to rebuild quickly.

NJ POV: MaxPac is 35 goals proven forward with a new team less pressure should score 35 again. The Devils have the space under the cap for signing him to multiple year. Benn is depth but maybe a new start could be good for him

I want Taylor Hall, on top of that. And also, the 1st from 2020.
We could throw Alzner, for, you know, sweeten the deal.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Counter offer:

Take out Michael McLeod, Mirco Mueller, 1rst pick 2019, 2nd pick 2020 and Max Pacioretty

I see what you did there but in all seriousness if that's the highest we can get for Benn I'd do it.

As for the OP, very risky for the Devils. I think you can even drop McLeod from the deal and I'd still probably do it as a Habs fan (I kinda still like Müller a lot so yeah).

Reactions: Nico Hischier

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I keep reading that People aren’t willing to give up a 1st for one year of Pacioretty, So this deal is hard for me to see from a NJ standpoint.

The 1st is not the major problem... the prospect after the 1st that we are asking for is the problem with most teams. My minimum asking price is a 1st, 2nd, and a future conditional 2nd if he re-signs.

And I don't think the Devils are a good for trying to acquire Patch.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Montreal should just trade Pacioretty for Tatar.

Than at TDL flip Tatar for a 1st, a 2nd and a 3rd round pick.

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
1- That's way too much from NJ... they are trying to build a team with depth and this is taking too much depth too early in their rebuild
2- I see Paccioretty being move but closer to the deadline to a top 8 team for about the same return that Kovalchuk got from NJ (late 1st, half decent youngish roster player, a prospect with upside with lower chance to make it to the NHL)

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
1- That's way too much from NJ... they are trying to build a team with depth and this is taking too much depth too early in their rebuild
2- I see Paccioretty being move but closer to the deadline to a top 8 team for about the same return that Kovalchuk got from NJ (late 1st, half decent youngish roster player, a prospect with upside with lower chance to make it to the NHL)

I think the Devils gave alot more then what you are saying, but I also think Kovalchuk was better. They traded a 28 year old top 4 (Oduya), a 23 yo top 6 (Bergfors, 0.5ppg), A good prospect who was projected as an elite grinder/middle six player (Cormier) + 2010 1st round pick (#24-Kevin Hayes) + 2010 2nd round pick (#54-Justin Holl)

NJ acquired Salmela who projected as an offensive D and the 2010 2nd round pick (#38-Jonathon Merrill)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad