Post-Game Talk: Montreal loses 5-1 to the Lightning. The wave the most exciting part of the game.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Great day! We droppin’ in the standings, kids still prove their worth and my flight back home got delayed by Sunwing (of course) for 12 hours! More sun and ‘slusharita’, as @Ozymandias would say! Wins everywhere!!!

You've never had a slusharita? I stay clear of alcohol, but on vacation I'll make an exception. Love margaritas. Now imagine that in slushie form.

Cournoyer12

Mar 17, 2022
I am not so sure....the newness is wearing off and fans are starting to question some of his decisions.

Some of his personnel decisions are very questionable.

Habs are 0-3 since Drouin came back....

He is winner
And he wouldn’t have to fight X anymore!

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
So we are fluttering towards the bottom, and we are finally at our usual december busted stage. Figure we will draft around 7th. Weird to miss the playoffs by a bunch and still be out of the top 10. With so many teams, 16 up and 16 down. Remember in 1993 if you missed the playoffs you were getting(i think) top 8 pick with only 24 teams. Yeah there is more talent in the league, but not from missing the playoffs at 8 to missing the playoffs at 16, plus year round training.

Light years different in how the league 'works'.

Reactions: Runner77

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Eddie was good with Petry on a first or second pair and definitely may be able to get that level back. We'll see what other GM's think come TDL. I'm fine with moving him and retaining 50%, which means we eat salary also next year, but a team gets him at a cap hit of 1.75M for two playoffs, plus they can re-sign him.

Monahan is good.

Savard is good.

Anderson is valued.

Those are all the players we need NHL GM's to want. In fact we probably don't even need to trade all 4 to sink into the top 4/5. The trading vets and tanking situation is looking promising. Don't worry about vet value. Just hope Hughes pulls the trigger.

P.s. I've been saying it all year, Dvo's offensive numbers will come up if he plays with offensive players. Now that Monahan is out, play Dvo with Suzuki and Caufield or Dach and Slaf, bring Evan's into the top 9, and have Drouin play 4c...
Petry made Eddie good. Eddie good season in the last 5-6years was because of the covid year against canadian teams only. His season in Carolina was eh and he was healthy scratch in STL in the playoffs. You can'T define 1 good year and 4 bad others.

Also I did not inclued Monahan because he is always injured and we all know he's gonna be traded eitherway.

Savard is literally a 6th dman. He is Chariot 3.0. He's okay at killing penalties.

Anderson is valued because other gms are just stupid. The guy won't even end up with 10 assists playing first line minutes. He can't even get to 40 points. If he's valued then ship him as soon you can because players like him are not needed.

Reactions: The Real Timo

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
Last 6 games at home
Goals in the first period: 0
Goals in the second period: 0
Goals scored by other players than CC or Suzuki : 2

OUCH

Reactions: knuck

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
My faith in tank is growing with each passing game.
After the win against CGY , I thought that the team had the opportunity to go 4 games over .500 with 2 very winnable games against Ottawa and Anaheim.

After they lost both and the next one I'm now pretty confident they are going to get a really good draft pick next summer.

Not only they are losing but they are not scoring.
You can not win games with this abysmal secondary scoring and powerplay. You just can't.

rik schau

It'll get ya where ya wanna go.........eventually.
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
I have no issues losing and tanking as long as the on ice product is entertaining and it has not been for a good while.
Teams have adjusted to Suzuki and Caufield...they all know the team has nothing else to worry about.
Habs can't even tank right.lol

• Haha
Reactions: Tyson

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Hischier just kinda leaned forward and cross checked it off a faceoff lol

Oh wow... I missed that this past weekend. Last thing the Panthers need is a Barkov injury. Even if that's day/day, that can't be good and might have lingering effects.

My faith in tank is growing with each passing game.

I said all summer the tank watch should happen in Dec/Jan, not from Oct-Nov. Half way through Dec and we are in that 5-10 range mix which is where I thought we would be.

Can we slip to 5 or lower? Hope so but not counting on it.

Habs can't even tank right.lol

If we tanked for the 7th last spot and that wins one of the lotteries, we tanked right ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad