Proposal: Montreal-Jets 4th overall + 9th overall for 2nd overall

Status
Not open for further replies.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
I prefer Pulju+ Sergachev over Laine

There was nothing to indicate Puljujarvi would have been available at 4th. You're looking more at it like Tkachuk/PLD + Sergachev/Juolevi which still isn't bad, but Laine is what we really need right now.

Montreal Shadow

Feb 18, 2008
Montreal
Bottom line... Jets didn't win a lottery spot to trade the pick. Jets were never gonna trade that pick.

Really? 4th is only 2 picks after two and there were still many quality players available. Add a 9th on top that could address another need.

From Montreal's perspective Laine is a guy that would solve a huge need. Size and a great offensive touch. Would go nicely with either Galchenyuk or Plekanec. A combination of Pacioretty, Gallagher and Laine on the wings would be pretty terrific.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Really? 4th is only 2 picks after two and there were still many quality players available. Add a 9th on top that could address another need.

From Montreal's perspective Laine is a guy that would solve a huge need. Size and a great offensive touch. Would go nicely with either Galchenyuk or Plekanec. A combination of Pacioretty, Gallagher and Laine on the wings would be pretty terrific.

Why would Laine be worth more to Habs than to Jets?

Montreal Shadow

Feb 18, 2008
Montreal
Why would Laine be worth more to Habs than to Jets?
He probably is worth about the same to both need but I have a feeling Montreal could use him over a shorter term than Winnipeg. We have a franchise goalie entering his prime, Pacioretty is in his prime years, Galchenyuk is progressing along nicely and we have a desperate need for size which Winnipeg doesn't seem to lack. With Laine we could ice a very competitive within 2 years. Not sure Winnipeg could do the same in 2 years.

I honestly think a 4th+9th is slightly better(only for this year as it is reportedly a strong draft) than a 2nd but that might be just me. If I am Bergevin I would be willing to add a bit more as I feel the Jets would be parting with something very important so they'd' need a good incentive to do so.

Rebuilt

Jun 8, 2014
Tampa
So there were rumors Bergevin declined Drasaitl+Nurse+4th overall for P.K. Subban. Let's say he had accepted. Would Winnipeg have accepted Montreal's 4th and 9th overall pick for their 2nd?

Once Columbus took Dubios it was basically all over. No way we pass on Pulji

Montreal Shadow

Feb 18, 2008
Montreal
If the jets wanted Puljujarvi they could have taken him at 2.

Not when Laine was available. You can't tell me NOTHING would convince Winnipeg to give up the 2nd pick especially when the bare minimum would be a 4th+9th. What else could be added to sweeten the pot for Winnipeg?

Adam Spylo

Feb 26, 2012
So there were rumors Bergevin declined Drasaitl+Nurse+4th overall for P.K. Subban. Let's say he had accepted. Would Winnipeg have accepted Montreal's 4th and 9th overall pick for their 2nd?

Why would Montreal trade the 4th and 9th overall for Laine? Using both picks for Puljujarvi and Sergachev would have been a better choice.

Andreas Ferrari

Dale is the GOAT!!!
Apr 4, 2015
WinnerPeg

This is one of the better proposals I have heard recently but I find it hard to believe Edmonton would give all that up for PK.

I prefer Pulju+ Sergachev over Laine

I would have to give this some serious consideration.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016

so the habs could have gotten Draisaitl, Puljujarvi and Nurse for PK?
as a leaf fan I'm glad that didnt happen. Galchenyuk, Pacioretty, Gallagher, Draisaitl, Puljujarvi and McCarron would be a pretty lethal top 6

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
This is one of the better proposals I have heard recently but I find it hard to believe Edmonton would give all that up for PK.

I would have to give this some serious consideration.

I believe it. they just moved their best player not named mcdavid for larsson because they expect to sign lucic....

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Firstly, there's no source for these "rumors". Secondly, this isn't the place to discuss something that might have happened over 2.5 years ago.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad