Montreal is the Biggest Semi-Final Underdog in 31 years

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Reactions: Habs10Habs

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
It's being discussed throughout a bunch of threads so might as well put this here.

Vegas odds are stacked against the Canadiens in Stanley Cup semifinal | Montreal Gazette

Biggest underdogs in 31 years.

I knew it would be a huge mountain to climb and we're right to be underdogs. To be honest, I'm worried we might get badly smoked.

But almost 4 to 1 odds? That seems kinda crazy to me.

Me too. Not that they're massive underdogs, they should be. But they also aren't really bigger underdogs on paper than the Islanders.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
It's being discussed throughout a bunch of threads so might as well put this here.

Vegas odds are stacked against the Canadiens in Stanley Cup semifinal | Montreal Gazette

I knew it would be a huge mountain to climb and we're right to be underdogs. To be honest, I'm worried we might get badly smoked.

Interesting. You know what it means? Time to bet on Montreal. There is no way this is a bad bet.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
don't they make the odds in Golden Shower town? just sayin'

I'd still say Showers in 5 tho

Last edited:

TeamBandWagon

Sep 28, 2015
Good luck to your boys tonight. Underdogs? Maybe. If I recall Montreal was doing well before Gallagher and some others got hurt. They made some nice pick ups and have a nice blend of youth and experience. They fell over the line to make the playoffs and that's all you need for a chance.

It's funny to me that people said the Leafs were gonna smoke em and it didn't happen. The Jets were supposed to blow their doors off and the opposite happened. Then they said wait until the Avs or in this case Vegas gets a hold of them. I'm not so sure. Montreal have a very good "team".

Your boys are 8 wins away after just rattling off 7 in a row. It's said the Stanley Cup is the hardest trophy to win; and maybe they do, maybe they don't. I know one thing, if I'm Montreal I'm thinking somebody has to win the damn thing. Why not us?

Last edited:

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
We do way better as underdogs in the past 25 years. I don't dislike this.

I also know it's going to piss off the Habs players. Starting with Price. Again - not a bad thing

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Yeah, bet365 has odds at 5.25 for selecting Montreal to win the series today, > 3 for the game tonight.

Any game that's over 3 for 1 in the NHL is a good bet.

I got a chance to take Habs to win in 6 games at 12 to 1 /Habs win in 7 games 13 to 1

on the flip side
Vegas to win in 6 paying 4,25 to 1
Vegas to win in 7 paying 5.50 to 1

Very tempting eh? anyone wanna go in a ticket LOL....

Reactions: abo9

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
I guess if you are a gambling person and have a decent amount of faith the Habs can do it, you could make some decent money.

Few days ago i laid some cash down on MLB Tampa vs Baltimore.
Baltimore dropped(lost) like 11 games in a row to Tampa , and they was still giving me
a 2 to 1 odd for Tampa to win!! Tampa swept the 3 game weekend series over Baltimore...easy money .

Take a team like Vegas who went 40Wins - 14 losses this year...If you would have bet on Vegas to win every game , you be right 40 times wrong 14 times and be up decent money......

I have made some decent $ off Habs as underdogs .

Last edited:

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
I got a chance to take Habs to win in 6 games at 12 to 1 /Habs win in 7 games 13 to 1

on the flip side
Vegas to win in 6 paying 4,25 to 1
Vegas to win in 7 paying 5.50 to 1

Very tempting eh? anyone wanna go in a ticket LOL....

I don't like the "specific" bets, but anything that's "win or lose" in the NHL with odds above 3.00 is veryyyyy tempting.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
I guess if you are a gambling person and have a decent amount of faith the Habs can do it, you could make some decent money.

I agree with the first point, ot the second.

I don't need to trust in the Habs to see that the math is skewed because so many are betting on the favorites. At 3.2 odds to ight, you could lose two games and win the third and still make money. It's rare in the NHL that teams go 0-3 - not impossible but extremely rare.

that also assumes that future games will be >3 as well but if Vegas starts winning less and less people will bet on the Habs - making things even more lobsided.

Nothing is guaranteed of course, and when I gamble I basically don't expect to see the momey back so take my opinion with a grain of salt

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008

Don't believe in the odd against us so I drop 100$ betting the Habs will win against the Knights. Go Habs Go.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
upload_2021-6-14_15-56-15.png

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
If a lot of action is coming in on one team the odds will increase to try and bring in money on the other team. It's way for the house to hedge their bets.

Right, and if people are buying into the "North Division is worthless" narrative enough to bet en masse against Montreal, the odds are a measure of the propaganda effect more than they are of any real probabilities of Vegas or Montreal winning. I suspect this is exactly what is happening right now and why those odds are so bad against Montreal. Betting on Montreal is a good bet.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
If a lot of action is coming in on one team the odds will increase to try and bring in money on the other team. It's way for the house to hedge their bets.

Ah, thanks, interesting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad