Montreal Impact Thread XXXIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laurent

Wat.
Apr 9, 2010
Montreal
Yeah not ideal :laugh: Are you catching any games while you're there?

I wish. Season is over. Will be back next year again though for Euro2016. Accepting applications for Roommates, 4 beds available :sarcasm:

Say, Hows Oyongo at RB? Dude is left footed and I always prefered a right footed player at RB And left footed at lb

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
Oyongo was surprisingly effective in defending. He made some nice runs forward. He could've contributed even more if Romero was in a more generous mode. They lacked chemistry going forward.

Bud2790

Jun 2, 2009
Montreal
I wish. Season is over. Will be back next year again though for Euro2016. Accepting applications for Roommates, 4 beds available :sarcasm:

Say, Hows Oyongo at RB? Dude is left footed and I always prefered a right footed player at RB And left footed at lb
Of course the season is over. I'm stoned, I'm not thinking straight :laugh:

Going to a Euro and/or World Cup is on my to do list. France next year would be pretty cool haha. Where are you at in France? I'm guessing you have a house or condo of some sort?

Bud2790

Jun 2, 2009
Montreal
Oyongo was surprisingly effective in defending. He made some nice runs forward. He could've contributed even more if Romero was in a more generous mode. They lacked chemistry going forward.
This. And being left footed, he cut into the middle a lot a la Justin Mapp. I think it's a question of time before they gain chemistry if he plays there consistently. The Ciman to Oyongo laterals are a thing of beauty

The current guys we have can be so dangerous. We're scoring a decent amount of goals and getting quality chances. And the scary part is at times we could still be a little more unselfish and it would create even better chances.

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
Goes to show how much better we look when our midfield is on their game. I would go after a dp DM just to solidify it. Jack mac can score... And Oduro just seems to work out everytime he's on the pitch even if his skills are raw

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13

Well, too bad for you :laugh:

In all seriousness, Oyongo is about 5x more effective offensively from the right side just like Justin Mapp was. He's still athletic enough to cover the sides but uses his left foot to dish hard crisp passes from any angle on the field.

Plus you have to take into consideration that if Oyongo plays LB, Donny Toia is on the bench and that's a gigantic NO from me.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Well, too bad for you :laugh:

In all seriousness, Oyongo is about 5x more effective offensively from the right side just like Justin Mapp was. He's still athletic enough to cover the sides but uses his left foot to dish hard crisp passes from any angle on the field.

Plus you have to take into consideration that if Oyongo plays LB, Donny Toia is on the bench and that's a gigantic NO from me.

This, Toia most be on the field.

Two years ago, we were saying that the lateral mids were our biggest weakness, it is now fair to say that with Mapp, Romero, Duka, Oduro and Tissot, it is our biggest strenght.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
When everyone is healthy here's how our lineup should look like

---------------Mac-------------
Romero------Piatti------Mapp
----------NRC---Donadel------
Toia-Ciman-Soumare-Oyongo
---------------Bush------------

In July, hopefully we should bring a striker DP, and hopefully a DM DP, and we may have a complete team that's able to contend. We have great depth, on the bench we'd have: Camara, Cabreara, Lefevre, Tissot, Mallace, Bernier, Oduro, Alexander, Duka, Cooper. And I did not mention Porter because we already know he's done for the season. Very few teams have the depth we have.

It's not going to be the end of the world if we don't acquire anybody either. Remember when we acquired Lopez and Bernardello, we were already 1st, and the team collapsed right after. They were certainly not the reason for the collapse, but my point is, acquiring new players or DPs does not necessarily mean immediate success.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
We don't need a DP striker. Mac is enough. We have Oduro, AJH (who looked good when he played) and Cooper (at some point) that can come off the bench.

A DP DM, that, we need. If we are to add one piece, it should be a DM, not a striker. An upgrade on Soumare could also be nice, but isn't a pressing need, especially with the way Lefevre has been playing + having Cabrera, a natural CB, on the team. I would LOVE to see Cabrera get a start at CB, I have a feeling he would steal the starting spot from W2 and Soumaré pretty quickly.

Toia - Ciman - Cabrera - Oyongo, that back line, WOOOOOOOOOT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad