Montreal Impact Thread XLVIII - ''Mapp still out with Hair line fracture'' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laurent

Wat.
Apr 9, 2010
Montreal
And with the last one being against Toronto, team that probably could be fighting to avoid the sudden deanth game

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
I'm optimistic for tonight's game and this is why..

The last time we played against NYRB they had a VERY high pressure strategy against our defense and defensive midfielders. If they leave the same space with both Drogba and Piatti on the field it should lead to a number of high quality chances. They're a Marsh runned team, they move fast north - south, so the better we distribute the ball from side to side, better chances we have of coming out of there with a result.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
I don't think saying it's a "Marsch team" is fair . When he was here, the team didn't play high pressure, high tempo football. What RBNY play is RalfBall. Basically, all the coaches at RBNY (so RBNY, RBNYII, Academy, etc) are following guidelines that are applied in all RB clubs around the world, straight from Austria. Here's an interesting article about it:

http://www.onceametro.com/2015/9/2/...i-curtis-jesse-marsch-mls-rb-leipzig-salzburg

I think if we want to do well vs them, we'll have to use Drogba ball winning ability in midfield when the defense or the goalie will dump it forward. Last time, they forced the D to play the ball backwards plenty of times and whenever Bush was kicking the ball forward, it was a lost ball because 1) he's not the most precise, 2) Oduro can't win those duels. Using Drogba will be key and he'll have to distribute or play the ball in the space behind the D. I wouldn't mind using Oduro on the wing to stretch that D.

Last edited:

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
I'd find it interesting if we use a 4-3-3 with Piatti-Drogba-Romero/Oduro up front. I like Oduro as a super sub but he could be legit useful against a team that plays a high defensive line like RBNY.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal

Where is Piatti!?!?! That's my main wtf.

Meanwhile:

[Tweet]651888513110134784[/MEDIA]

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
i'm guessing Piatti missed too many practice and ate a bunch of donuts with his dad, he's not even in the sub list

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Oduro has to double team with Oyongo on the D-lne.
GREAT OPPORTUNITY for Alexander to play against his old club and show his real worth. I know NRC will step up. Duka and Drogba good combo. Donadel dont mess up. I have a good feeling

Maybe Piatti is not ready mentally, give him a break.

Boardish

Mar 3, 2004
Piatti was only on the pitch for half the training session yesterday. I expected him to be in as a sub though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad