OT: Montreal Impact thread: Time to test our depth...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
You could leave this thread forever tho.

No Joey, I'm here to stay

He'll be a starting CB in this league for sure. Physical and smart.

I didnt understand why we didn't play him more last year, but that's a pointless detail to debate on. At this rate, he could be in the next USMNT January camp. Not many young promising American CBs in MLS.

Still, we won because of Chara's red card. We take the 3 points anyway, in hopes DC and Atlanta lose today. Now on to the Canadian Championship this Tuesday, this is a tournament that we should take seriously because we have a chance there. and we will need to field 3 Canadian players. Stupid Biello played Bernier and Jackson a full 90. Don't tell me we'll have to see Lefevre again......

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
This team is now a legit striker away from being able to compete for the cup. Wow Dzemaili was God sent for us. It sucks Drogba couldn't be on the same field with a premier box-to-box player like him.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Let's relax, it's just one game.

And? The team is better on paper right now more than it's ever been, outside of the n.9 position.

Dzemaili was exactly what we needed to go to the next level in our transition game. We just need to find a 30 year old Marco Di Vaio to complete the team now...

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
Finally! We played Bernier instead of Bernardello, and in a 433!
I hope we keep this formation for our next MLS games.

Btw, it doesnt matter that Piatti dove to call the refs attention, the obviously intentional slap to the face by Chara is still a straight red if the ref is doing his job.
One of the dumbest red cards i've seen in a while.

Anxious to see who's our 11 (tuesday?) againts Vancouver in the Canadian Championship.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Anxious to see who's our 11 (tuesday?) againts Vancouver in the Canadian Championship.

Crepeau
Camara-Ciman-Fisher-Lovitz
Mallace-Arregui
Oduro-Ballou-Choiniere
AJH

BRing in Piatti and Dzemaili after 45 if needed

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
So that Almiron kid...

Atlanta fans are so blessed to have that kind of team on their inaugural season. They destroyed Houston yesterday, and that's without their amazing striker, Javier Martinez, who's still injured.

I bet you they're not done either. The summer transfer is opening soon, so they'll probably add a defender or 3 to tighten up the defense before the playoffs start. That team might reach the cup... this season.

Emanresu Wen

Apr 4, 2010
So that Almiron kid...

Atlanta fans are so blessed to have that kind of team on their inaugural season. They destroyed Houston yesterday, and that's without their amazing striker, Javier Martinez, who's still injured.

I bet you they're not done either. The summer transfer is opening soon, so they'll probably add a defender or 3 to tighten up the defense before the playoffs start. That team might reach the cup... this season.

Can't wait to play them at their place

Dec 2, 2010
New thread time?

I still think wingbacks are the way to go with Oyongo and Duvall. They're not good defensively. If they can play Ciman/Fisher/Camara, you let the wingbacks roam without being exposed. An underperforming 10 man Portland was counter attacking with danger.

Emanresu Wen

Apr 4, 2010
No MLS games for us for 2 weeks, but most other teams do. We will have 2-3 games in hand for a long while now.

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
Crepeau
Camara-Ciman-Fisher-Lovitz
Mallace-Arregui
Oduro-Ballou-Choiniere
AJH

BRing in Piatti and Dzemaili after 45 if needed

No MLS games for us for 2 weeks, but most other teams do. We will have 2-3 games in hand for a long while now.

Yeah, we aint playin in MLS till the 10th against KC, right?. This will help us field whichever team we want for the second leg, and gives us more possibilities for Tuesday even though we'll only have a couple days between games.

I'd rather we keep our regular fullbacks (at least Oyongo), and a 433. The problem, a reoccuring one, is we have no one to play #6 instead of Donadel and we usualy suck when we play 4231. The team we played this weekend is the one I would've liked to see vs Vancouver. I'm guessing they'll probably have Davies, Tiebert and DeJong as canadian players.

I didnt read the whole CSA rule though, do Davies and Ballou count?

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
So that Almiron kid...

Didn't know Javier Martinez was playing at striker and for Atlanta.....

In all seriousness, they aren't done for sure. Guzan is coming in the summer, he's a pretty average GK nowadays but by MLS standards he should be a top 5 behind Howard, Hamid, Rimando(even tho he regressed) and maybe Melia. That will make Atlanta a better team on paper.

Their 3 DPs look there to stay, very dedicated to the city and that's a BIG milestone bc most would think South Americans in MLS is their shortcut to Europe and an opportunity to make more $$. Once Almiron speaks good English, I could see him as the poster boy for MLS. This is a guy who could have played for Arsenal last season but wasn't really interested.

I didnt read the whole CSA rule though, do Davies and Ballou count?

IIRC you need to start at least 3 Canadians and have a total of 5 Canadians (so 2 more on the bench). Ballou is a Canadian citizen(?) so he should count, I don't think Davies is a citizen yet but I'm sure he'll count as Canadian.

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
Yeah, true Ballou most likely has citizenship, and probably residency and being developped as a player in Canada is enough, so Davies should count.

Btw, Piatti is only 8 goals away from passing Sebrango and being the 2nd all time IMFC goal scorer. Would be cool if he could pull it off. Should be able to if he stays healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad