OT: Montreal Impact Thread - #MLSisBack or #MLSisn'tBack Tournament? Edition

Which #?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
That's remarkably low. I didn't realize the MLS was that unpopular. I know LigaMX out draws the MLS in the US which kind of puts it into perspective but that's just not good

That is why the MLS isn't even mentioned when they talk about the major sports in North America, despite having the word "major" in their league name.

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
It’s odd hearing the players yelling at each other and not some random chant from a crowd :laugh:

It’s like watching a higher talent level rec league

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Well. We’re losing and will end the game with 5 defenders. Should brought in Lappi and AJH for Piette and Binks.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
upload_2020-7-9_22-37-25.png

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Didn't watch the game because I knew we would lose and after seeing Taider and Joban starting, I know why we lost lol. 2 players who should ride the bench. First Taider should stay home with his pregnant wife and 2nd Try Shamit, Seijic or Maciel and rather see a scrub like Ballou who has more to lose than journeyman Bojan

And Potato at RB ? really ? With what pace lol Honestly, try him as secondary striker or CB. not RB.... I think he'll be decent as a SS off the bench. Camacho should play at RB and they should forget ZBG is still on the roster.

I think Henry got himself some good Floridian weed before the game

EurOConnEcton

Feb 17, 2008
Montreal
Yesterday's game was atrocious from an Impact perspective. From questionable coaching tactics to just absolute horrible player execution and effort. We made the Revs look like an MLS All-Star team. If this is what to expect moving into our next game then Toronto is going to tear us a new .....

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
#MLSisBackGame1(MontrealImpact0-1NewEnglandRevolution)

Diop(4/5)

Camacho/Fanni/Binks(YellowCard)

Taider/Piette(Lappalainen)/Wanyama/Raitala

Okwonkwo(ZBG)/Urruti(Ballou)/Bojan(Quioto)

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Montreal Impact 0, New England Revolution 1 | MLS is Back Tournament Match Recap

Thierry Henry: Post Game Press Conference (20/07/09)
"No shape. You don’t fight, and you don’t win battles and you lose balls. There's no need to talk about tactics because there was nothing to do about tactics today. It was about desire that we didn’t have, and it cannot happen."

"We didn’t know where we were going to be physically, but that’s not an excuse. We do fight. You saw that before the beginning of the season. It’s something that we want to have and did have before the break. And so hopefully we'll come back as quick as possible."

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Impact : Training (20/07/10)

Impact falls 1-0 to New England Revolution
Taider:"It's a lack of options available from everyone and a lack of effort to win the ball back. It's a team job and we should have put in the effort. In the second half it was better, but the goal hurt us."

Raitala:"I'm very disappointed. We didn't have a good game today. We can't make excuses because it was the same for both teams. They were sharper. We made poor decisions individually and as a team and we can only do better. It's tough to play after so many months, but it was the same for all of us. Now we need to analyze this game and see where we can improve and show up and play a lot better against Toronto. It's going to be a tough game, but all our focus is going to be on that game and playing a lot better than we did today. Hopefully, we can come away with three points. The focus is on us because we were really poor today.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Papi had a rough night yesterday. Raitala as well. Wanyama had a flawless game. Other than that it was pretty boring. Nice to see Ballou get minutes. Hopefully he builds on that. Really weird to see Piette as a RB. I'd rather see Bahiya there...

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Circulez, il n'y a rien à voir...

Ce sont de simples fonctionnaires et des mercenaires professionnels...

Point final...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad