Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

EcVoFjZWsAExqRO

EcVoFjZXkAYrcLe

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
MLS is Back: Where Canada's teams stand ahead of the tournament
Montreal Impact: There are fewer intriguing sides entering the tournament than the Montreal Impact. With Thierry Henry as coach, several players could make the difference in the Impact’s development. When the legendary French striker was hired, he shifted to a 3-4-3 system to shore up a previously leaky defence. The majority of the Impact’s centre-backs lack pace and the full-backs are offensively inclined, so it was a no-brainer. The signing of Victor Wanyama has created a logjam in midfield, but that’s a positive given the short turnaround between games. It also bolsters the defence further to have a solid No. 6 who can break up play and circulate the ball forward. Wanyama’s addition could lead to Henry switching a 3-5-2 with Piette next to the Kenyan and Saphir Taider in a playmaking role. As for the front two, Maxi Urruti has to be given the nod after scoring three goals to begin 2020. Bojan would be favoured to partner Urruti, although he’s logged more minutes next to Romell Quioto. What’s certain is the Impact are significantly deeper in attack and midfield compared to last season. Joel Waterman and Luis Binks impressed at the back for Montreal in their opening games, so Montreal could force an upset.

MLS Commissioner Don Garber: MLS is Back Tournament moving forward as planned

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Explain me why.

Once again, they turn to La Familia.

Leduc never ran an academy. We need someone who knows how to do it to TEACH our local people, then, we can put them in charge.

They keep making the same dumb decision (going with club alumni in key positions) and they wonder why they get the same results. We do not have the structure in place to develop front office people from within... not yet! I find it admirable that it is the goal and... it should be... but we need proper structure and experience first.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Once again, they turn to La Familia.

Leduc never ran an academy. We need someone who knows how to do it to TEACH our local people, then, we can put them in charge.

They keep making the same dumb decision (going with club alumni in key positions) and they wonder why they get the same results. We do not have the structure in place to develop front office people from within... not yet! I find it admirable that it is the goal and... it should be... but we need proper structure and experience first.
Leduc is properly qualified. He has the competencies necessary for this position. He'd be alright. There's a beginning to everything.

EV7f2WiXkAEs8gH

EV7f2ZWXsAAxF_Q

EV7f2Y4WoAIgxkw

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
No he does not.

He never ran a pro academy.

He may be a good teacher, but that does not make him qualified to take the academy to the next level. Too soon for him... as it is always the case with this short-sighted club.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
No he does not.

He never ran a pro academy.

He may be a good teacher, but that does not make him qualified to take the academy to the next level. Too soon for him... as it is always the case with this short-sighted club.
Experience comes with time.

Are we a professional academy? What's the next level for you?

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Developing players for the first team? Selling them to re-invest in the team? Be a real feeder club who develops real talent? That's the next level.

We clearly are not there yet. We have developed a few players, but they all have fizzled out outside of Crépeau.
You just described Leduc. Development and academy is printed on his DNA. Very implicated. He's a soccer head. IMFC is tattooed in his heart. He has the connections (Canada/ QC Federation, etc). If he didn't felt ready, he wouldn't have accepted this position (AIKWITA).

The future of our academicians isn't bright yet. I'm usually harsh and objective you know. Their project was a huge disappointment. A total fiasco. I'm still not trusting it.

On the other hand, this appointment made optimist a little bit. It's up to him to prove us right and wrong by making our Academy great and greater once and for all.

So let's wait and see :thumbu:

Reactions: pylero

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
You just described Leduc. Development and academy is printed on his DNA. Very implicated. He's a soccer head. IMFC is tattooed in his heart. He has the connections (Canada/ QC Federation, etc). If he didn't felt ready, he wouldn't have accepted this position (AIKWITA).

The future of our academicians isn't bright yet. I'm usually harsh and objective you know. Their project was a huge disappointment. A total fiasco. I'm still not trusting it.

On the other hand, this appointment made optimist a little bit. It's up to him to prove us right and wrong by making our Academy great and greater once and for all.

So let's wait and see :thumbu:

He has no experience at a high level... or very little. That's my concern.

I hope I am wrong and I would be VERY happy to be. But there is a pattern with this club and it is not a good one.

Reactions: JayKing
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad