OT: Montreal Impact thread: Is it 2018 yet? edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Gilardino has looked awful for the last year, but his game doesn't really rely on any athleticism so it's worth a gamble to see if he can exploit weak MLS defenses.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Just heard on Jean Charles Lajoie's show that after they settled the AJH deal, they met with Piatti and Jean Charles said that a deal in principle has been agreed upon between IMFC and Nacho on a multi-year deal. Hopefully there is truth to that.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Jean-Charles Lajoie from 91.9 Sports says Piatti's extension is a done deal and it will be confirmed soon!

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
they had no choice but to sign Piatti.

Now an off-season trade I would make, Ciman for Kamara.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
He still needs to prove he can be consistant enough to be a starter but AJH is definitely a part of the long term solution.

This. He was great for one start and he was barely better than Mancosu on other games. I like his physical play though. He is still fine as a supersub and for some starts here and there. He should not be our #1 striker ever unless we have really really really great Wingers and a great #10

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
I really hope it's true. Can't afford to lose Nacho

Piatti would be a big keep for you guys. I like your lineup though and you have some super great players in the midfield, some good pieces on the back line and a decent striker in AJH.

--------AJH----------
---Piatti-Dzemali-
-------Piette
Oyongo--Ciman-Cabrera

You need 1 more good striker, 1 good midfielder, and 1 good defender. lol. Bring in Hoilett, Hutchinson and De jong :laugh:

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I think JP's idea about Ciman might be a good one. We've got a lot more options at that position now than we used to and he could be a nice piece in a trade to fill a more pressing need.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
I think JP's idea about Ciman might be a good one. We've got a lot more options at that position now than we used to and he could be a nice piece in a trade to fill a more pressing need.

What did he say about Ciman? I might have missed that

NewBlood

Sep 8, 2005
Ciman would never go play for another MLS side. He came here for his daughter and I doubt she speaks English. I wouldn't be surprise if he had a deal in place with IMFC, some sort of NTC.

The day he leaves the Impact, he will either retire or go back to Belgium. He's not going anywhere, he'll be back next season.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Ciman would never go play for another MLS side. He came here for his daughter and I doubt she speaks English. I wouldn't be surprise if he had a deal in place with IMFC, some sort of NTC.

The day he leaves the Impact, he will either retire or go back to Belgium. He's not going anywhere, he'll be back next season.

Is he really bad anyway?

I don't know much about football tbh.

Paul Dipietro

Dec 16, 2009
Is he really bad anyway?

I don't know much about football tbh.

It's not so much that he's bad as the fact he's a bit expendable now that we have more than a few decent CBs (Cabrera, Fisher and now Boldor) that could step in should we decide to trade him for a missing piece (like a dominant Striker for example)

But yeah, pretty sure he's not going anywhere for family reasons as well

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012

Exactly, I mean everybody knows Ciman is the liability but no one (or almost) says it. Let's be honest how many points did Ciman cost us this season ? We'd be good enough with Cabrera, Fisher and Boldor as our CBs and we all know we're missing a big CF. After losing 7-0 (down 9 men) I doubt defense is their strenght and they kept bashing Kamara for a long time now. Wake up call for both players. Match made in heaven.

While I agree, it wouldn't make sense to keep a player who is a liability, thinks he's above anyone, hot headed when he's average at best. If we trade him, he becomes their problem and we get a player we need. If he goes back to Belgium we get nothing.

Braz big showed character by not signing Gilardino who REJECTED the team two years ago and appears out of no where wanting to play in Mtl when no one wants him. My point is that if he sees he has to do it, he'll do it. His daughter and co. can stay in Montreal for the time being. That can be easily arranged. He's not untouchable.

Either Kei Kamara or Kenwyne Jones gotta be IMFC members by next pre season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad