Montreal game thread 1 and 2 just wow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobra777

Jun 26, 2018
Wasaga Beach
Boy peeps should read through this game thread 1 and 2 everything from fire Babs, fire Dubas, fire Hiller, fire DJ Smith, Andersen sucks he lets in easy ones, Marleau sucks, Marner Sucks, Brown sucks, Muzzin sucks, Hymans a plug, Zaitsev and Gardner sucks get rid of them, Mathews is overpaid he sucks and has no heart, Kadri stinks, Nylander trade him he sucks, Hainsey sucks he is slow, Muzzin is slow, 4th line is crap they all suck, this team is soft no heart he's much too shy but never mind you three, Auntie M. Auntie M ^%$# sakes man then when the team comes back and wins its character win I love this guy that guy, Habs suck, roflmao, someone take out Domi oh we have no one, but when people want Simmonds and Ferland, to replace Brown, Lindholm etc. No their plugs yadda yadda they wont make a difference blah blah freakin Bi Polar threads. We have some issues yes, there are 4 to 5 passengers, we need a couple guys hard to play against, tough, who can also play hockey and I guarantee the rest will gain courage and play way more with confidence and a much better team, now you will see the people who call this face punchers, goons, go to the extreme to argue magical tales how it won't help. Look I get peeps can get frustrated but every player, coach and Gm, has been attacked sanctimoniously every game. 3 seasons ago we finished rock bottom following season made the playoffs and people are still bitchin and complaining giving Wash a run for their money, the following season franchise high 105 pts. taking Boston to game 7 . We are a team of core high young draft picks who played well and got us here in a hurry, this was not in any way foreseen to happen so quick yet we all jump all over them when they under perform at times cause their just over 20 yrs old and still learning what it takes to be consistent. I am not pointing any fingers I have been guilty of a few posts on certain players. I now try to look at approx 10 to 15 game intervals before I comment on players etc.

Reactions: wwgrd

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
Don't take part of the GDT if you don't like it, it's as simple as that.

Majority of my posts came from GDTs I wouldn't even be on this forum if GDTs don't exist.

Actually if you read GDTs from other teams, they all look very similar in tones.

Cobra777

Jun 26, 2018
Wasaga Beach
IMO, never take GDT posts seriously. They are made in the heat of the moment when something has JUST occurred. Will always be very hot takes. We're very angry when we're losing, we're very happy when we're winning.
totally understand and been there but when we came back in the game I looked forward in reading 1 and 2 and just went wow, again not pointing fingers as I have been guilty on a few but we just sound kind of bi polar lol.

Cobra777

Jun 26, 2018
Wasaga Beach
Don't take part of the GDT if you don't like it, it's as simple as that.

Majority of my posts came from GDTs I wouldn't even be on this forum if GDTs don't exist.

Actually if you read GDTs from other teams, they all look very similar in tones.
did you read the part where I stated not pointing fingers and I have been guilty? just stating that we look Jekyl and Hyde not meant to be offensive at anyone

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
The topic so important you posted it twice.

Anyway, the type of fans that post here get excited, happy, upset, frustrated, ecstatic, etc., during a game. GDT is a great place to vent, celebrate and generally emote. I don't see the big deal.

Also, paragraphs.

Reactions: dsred

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
I just find it so odd. The team doesn’t just dramatically change in a day or week....

I often wonder what people are like in real life? Do you quit your job from a rude customer? Do you get married or divorced based on a single date? Do you sell you home if a window breaks?

Does the forum attract unstable people? Or sports? Or are people really like this in real life but they can’t get just get out of commitments at a drop of a hat

People lose there minds about men on skates pushing a piece of rubber over a line

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Makes sense they were horrific in the last half of the first and lifeless outside 2-3 players.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
I don’t mind the GDT, people get emotional and have hot takes. The only thing I find a bit grating is how the minute something bad happens a handful of posters show up and then vanish once something good happens. It happens every thread like clockwork almost.

Reactions: AllHeartNoSkill

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
GDT's, especially in Toronto are absolutely embarrassing. You really learn who the reputable posters are and who's opinion to take seriously.

I don't post much in them, but their a good laugh

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
I don’t mind the GDT, people get emotional and have hot takes. The only thing I find a bit grating is how the minute something bad happens a handful of posters show up and then vanish once something good happens. It happens every thread like clockwork almost.
Yeah, that's pretty true. I get why people are emotional and it certainly isn't a place for some sensible discourse, so it needs to be taken for what it is. But at least for me personally, when that's the base and you also have the agenda pushers and the absolute babies throwing temper tantrums and so on, it just becomes too toxic.

Comparison: If you're watching a game with three others, you expect swearing and complaining about the play if things go wrong. And that's perfectly fine. But add one person ranting on the verge of tears, and another two who don't seem to care about anything else than their personal crusade against someone, and it becomes a horrible experience that can ruin a game. And that's where GDTs are for me nowadays.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
That's why I don't even bother with the GDTs anymore. It brings nothing positive.
The emotion it brings shows just how bad or good this team can be.
Which like the team itself, indicates big consistency issues.
These things need to be fixed so when we are in a 7 game playoff series, we perform as a machine, not too high, not too low.
Getting down 3-0 to Montreal would be murder in a playoff game against Boston.

Reactions: dsred
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad