:habs

Brendan Gallagher
Jeff Petry
1st round pick'17

:panthers

Nick Bjugstad
Jason Demers
1st round pick'17

Maybe another pick needed going to Florida for the Habs to jump into the top 10. I seen that a lot of mock drafts have him going in the top 10 but I would like to see the Habs to maybe draft Rasmussen in the first round.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
all time bad

Gally > Bugs
Petry > or = Demers
difference b/w 1rs round picks is not the diff btw gallagher and Bugs

AAWful

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
all time bad

Gally > Bugs
Petry > or = Demers

AAWful

The talent level in the top 10 this year there seems to be a drop off after it. This would be voided if Rasmussen falls out of the top 10.

I think the Habs need the size up front and more scoring. Gallagher took a step back this year even with considering his injury.

Just Gallagher even with his effort I believe is meant for the 3rd line and can jump up when needed. The Habs need to find a more proven scoring threat in that 2nd line RW while upgrading at center and getting bigger.

I think people will need to start recognizing that Gallagher will need to be moved down and the Habs upgrade that top 6 big time. If they keep him.

I get the love for Gallagher and everything and the potential captain talk because of his heart. But I'm starting to lean into the group that even at his best we still need an upgrade. Also the Habs need to get bigger and need some guys who can play top 6 center.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
The talent level in the top 10 this year there seems to be a drop off after it. This would be voided if Rasmussen falls out of the top 10.

I think the Habs need the size up front and more scoring. Gallagher took a step back this year even with considering his injury.

Just Gallagher even with his effort I believe is meant for the 3rd line and can jump up when needed. The Habs need to find a more proven scoring threat in that 2nd line RW while upgrading at center and getting bigger.

I think people will need to start recognizing that Gallagher will need to be moved down and the Habs upgrade that top 6 big time. If they keep him.

I get the love for Gallagher and everything and the potential captain talk because of his heart. But I'm starting to lean into the group that even at his best we still need an upgrade. Also the Habs need to get bigger and need some guys who can play top 6 center.

Meanwhile he is amazing in the playoffs :laugh:

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
Meanwhile he is amazing in the playoffs :laugh:

He had great work downlow and such. Just still lacking a full offensive threat.

This is the problem. The fan base wants more scoring and such but at the same time you want to keep guys in the top 6 that might just crack 15-20g. I would like the Habs try and get some more size down the middle. As well get some wingers who contribute 50-60pts.

The Habs are lacking that and at the same time the fans want to keep a 35-45pt winger and expect more results.

Until the fan base realizes where the players need to start playing it's going to be the same results and complaints about lack of offense.

But people who are trying to thinking of ways to improve the team even with Gallagher moving down the lineup or being moved for an offensive upgrade are considered dilusional or something. It's a concern and it needs to be addressed.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
all time bad

Gally > Bugs
Petry > or = Demers

AAWful

Wow, I have a totally different view.

Bugs = Gally
Demers > Petry
Florida 10th >>> 25th pick

Why would the Panthers even consider this.

ohmyjlord

Fan...with a brain.
Mar 9, 2008
Montreal
I don't think I would pull the trigger on it, but I also don't think it's nearly as bad as some are saying for the Habs.

Bjugstad had an awful year, nobody is disputing that. But he's a big body center, who's still young enough to redeem himself. I don't see top-6 potential in him though, and the Habs already have Plekanec and Danault as top-9 centers.

I do like Demers...and for a million less, for the next 4 years, I'd be very tempted. Petry is nice as a 3rd, but he's been up-and-down, and he didn't impress me one bit during the playoffs.

And that's a pretty good jump, even in an average draft.

Like I said, probably wouldn't pull the trigger, as I value Gallagher a lot more than Bjugstad, who would probably be stepping on Danault's toes. But it's still way better than many proposals I've seen for the Habs.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
If FLA is trading the 10th pick, it should be packaged for a top line guy with 2-3 years left on his contract the likes of a Patches, Zuccarello, Simmonds level player.

What else are you offering for Zuccarello ?

I would never trade him personally, but I want to know

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
We aren't trading the 10th overall for Zuccarello.

I wouldn't dismiss that one out of hand.

Zuccarello has basically 60 point seasons in 3 of the last 4 years.

Wouldn't you trade the 10th overall for Trocheck?

Sometimes you got to trust your eyes too. Zucarello is a heck of a nice talent and I'm an Isles fan, not a Rangers fan. He's welcome on my team any time.

Beautvillier

beauvillier fan club
Nov 26, 2016
Florida

Sometimes you got to trust your eyes too. Zucarello is a heck of a nice talent and I'm an Isles fan, not a Rangers fan. He's welcome on my team any time.

agreed, i'd take zucarello on my team any day, one hell of a hockey player.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Gallagher means too much to this team to be involved in a trade where the main piece coming back is Bjugstad.

I honestly don't see the point. I think we're trading the best forward, and the best defenseman, and while the jump at the draft is interesting, it doesn't really do anything for us in the near future, which is what we should be most concerned with at this point.

I don't mind moving Gallagher if it gets us a top 6 center. I don't mind going for Bjugstad at a discount knowing the kind of season he just had. But not if it costs Gallagher. And Petry is a pretty darn important cog on this team as well.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015

I wouldn't mind Zuccarello on the Panthers but not at that cost.

Yeah I'd trade it for Trocheck, but Trocheck > Zucc.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
I wouldn't mind Zuccarello on the Panthers but not at that cost.

Yeah I'd trade it for Trocheck, but Trocheck > Zucc.

I think you need to watch some game film on Zucc, there's very little difference between them. Both are highly effective players who play well above their size.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad