Proposal: Montreal & Columbus

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
Habs: Paul Byron and 2021 1st

Blue Jackets: Josh Anderson

Habs need to get bigger upfront. Open to add a few pieces to get Ryan Murray as well.
We are not trading our fisrt pick , just not happening.

Maybe a Prospect like Brook or Ylonen or Struble instead.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Habs: Paul Byron and 2021 1st

Blue Jackets: Josh Anderson

Habs need to get bigger upfront. Open to add a few pieces to get Ryan Murray as well.
I won't get into whether the value is fair or not...

but it makes zero sense for CBS as far as needs and what they are trying to do.

Steeler23

Aug 10, 2004
Columbus fans don't want to trade Anderson, just like Habs fans never wanted to trade Gallagher. This thread won't end well.

PS: Murray is still injured (with a broken hand), why would you want him?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I like how Habs fans are saying no because they don't want to trade their 1st, while this deal is absurdly lopsided in value towards them.

It doesn't matter that it's in our favor, the Habs are not going anywhere with or without Anderson. Their focus has to be on the future so trading what could be a top 10 pick in what could be strong draft that the Habs are hosting, it's highly unlikely they would trade their 1st this year and hopefully not next year unless it's to get someone they think can be a top pairing LD at some point in the next few years.

Columbus fans don't want to trade Anderson, just like Habs fans never wanted to trade Gallagher. This thread won't end well.

PS: Murray is still injured (with a broken hand), why would you want him?

I wouldn't have any trouble trading Gallagher as long as the price was worth it.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I wouldn't have any trouble trading Gallagher as long as the price was worth it.
Technically, the same is true of us and Andy. It's just that what we would judge "worth it" is partially determined by whether or not fans from the other team are howling in outrage as to the price. ;)

John B

Nov 19, 2016
I like how Habs fans are saying no because they don't want to trade their 1st, while this deal is absurdly lopsided in value towards them.
I'm guessing because it's a potential lottery pick. Habs are going to be a bubble team at best for the next few years.

Reactions: PKWeber

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
I'm guessing because it's a potential lottery pick. Habs are going to be a bubble team at best for the next few years.
Good thing you don't gamble because your way off on your guesses let alone your lack of hockey knowledge.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Why would Columbus do that?

The one position we should be talking about in a trade between these two teams is LHD.

I personally think there was a good deal for both clubs in a Ryan Murray trade. I don't remember the exact parameters discussed back last summer but I liked the deal worked out where Montreal sends a 2nd rounder for each time he plays 40 games a year, and an additional 3rd if he hits 70 games, and the conditions run for two years. So two full seasons for Murray equates to 2 2nds and 2 3rds. If he plays 35 games one year and 65 the next, it's just a 2nd rounder total. You get the idea.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Yeah, and we could do far worse than picking a Josh Anderson. If Montreal is serious about winning short term, now's the time. Not willing to miss a chance at Lafreniere this year though...

Our owner has come out and said fans will need to be patient as it could take up to 8 years, so clearly they aren't serious about winning short term.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I would be interested in Nutivaara though :)

Byron + Ylonen
That does nothing useful for us. We are seriously overstrength at RW; adding two more RWs for one of our more versatile defenders (who usually plays RD for us) makes no sense.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Ya giving up a top 9 forward and an unprotected 1st that will likely be top 15 at the very worst for a guy with a career high of 47 points sounds like a great idea.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad