Proposal: Montreal - Colorado - Calgary

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Wait, so Calgary gets 16th for Bennett and a fourth? Montreal gives up Patches and a fourth, and all Colorado gives up is Compher? But somehow Colorado ends up with the best player in the trade ++? Yeah sure, this makes sense.

EDIT: Its like Habs fans have become masochists and propose deals where they get the short end of the stick because of PTSD caused by Bergervin.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
I prefer Colorado's first to Bennett by a lot... no need for Calgary to be there if the Avs want Pacioretty... which they should. Every habs player going to Colorado do well, very well, too well...

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Wait, so Calgary gets 16th for Bennett and a fourth? Montreal gives up Patches and a fourth, and all Colorado gives up is Compher? But somehow Colorado ends up with the best player in the trade ++? Yeah sure, this makes sense.

EDIT: Its like Habs fans have become masochists and propose deals where they get the short end of the stick because of PTSD caused by Bergervin.

Do you think the 16th overall is magicked out of thin air or what? Calling two 4th round picks "++" is also *interesting*

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017

Colorado also gives up the 16th.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Colorado also gives up the 16th.

Do you think the 16th overall is magicked out of thin air or what? Calling two 4th round picks "++" is also *interesting*

Brain fart, didn't realize the 16th was from Colorado.

Also fourth round picks are still players, it is a + + of assets. Just because some teams are bad at drafting in the later rounds doesn't discount it. Teams build depth in those rounds and they are viable assets. You can't just build teams in the first round or second.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Awful for the AVs losing Compher + 1st. CGY is unlikely to dump Bennett for a 1st, they might as well deal with the AVs.

Habs rob everyone.

Reactions: milehigh11

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Pretty meh as an Avs fan. I like Compher + 16th more. Not to say it isn't an unfair ask to me, but I just think Compher has another development level to reach that turns him into that really solid middle 6 player you don't find too easily. Plus the 16th is great striking position for a falling draft pick.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
I think the current HF hivemind whispering that Pacioretty isn't worth much is getting to you just a little too much here. I'd love to take a flyer on Bennett sure but he definitely shouldn't be the best asset returned for Patches. Cut Calgary out altogether and just do Compher + 16. Avalanche would be a pretty good spot for him honestly

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
Pretty meh as an Avs fan. I like Compher + 16th more. Not to say it isn't an unfair ask to me, but I just think Compher has another development level to reach that turns him into that really solid middle 6 player you don't find too easily. Plus the 16th is great striking position for a falling draft pick.
A 1st line, 30-40 goals scorer, is much harder to find than a solid middle 6 player. And the odds that 16th overall pick become good enough to make up for the difference between Patches and Compher is quite low. Of course Patches only has one year left and Avs already have Landeskog on LW, but still.

milehigh11

Mar 4, 2014
Mile High State
Avs pass. Patches doesnt fit the time frame of the Avalanche. We can easily trade up from 16 with one of our 2nds if we see a prospect we like falling down. rather take the risk there than a soon to be 30 year old looking for a new deal.

milehigh11

Mar 4, 2014
Mile High State
A 1st line, 30-40 goals scorer, is much harder to find than a solid middle 6 player. And the odds that 16th overall pick become good enough to make up for the difference between Patches and Compher is quite low. Of course Patches only has one year left and Avs already have Landeskog on LW, but still.

Avs would be better off trading for Skinner if they wanted to go the trade route.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007

That's all fair and good, I just didn't feel like go into the reasons Pacioretty didn't interest me as opposed to what I liked about the Avs assets. Figured one of those was already a beaten horse.

I think Compher will become the type of guy not many organizations have though. Swiss army knife 2/3 center or winger that can be great defensively while still clutching a game in OT. Those are more valuable than their position would indicate.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado

This. I agree the value isn't far off from being "fair", I just don't see the point for the Avs. Compher reminds me of rookie ROR, where he's almost a lock to be a solid 3rd liner, but his work ethic and drive makes it hard to say where he's going to end up. And, the last 5 16OA picks were Zadorov, Milano, Barzal, Chychrun and Valimaki. For where the Avs are in the rebuild, the only logical choice is to stick with the game plan - younger and faster.

Flamesjustwin

Oct 8, 2010
London ON
I prefer Colorado's first to Bennett by a lot... no need for Calgary to be there if the Avs want Pacioretty... which they should. Every habs player going to Colorado do well, very well, too well...
Good because we prefer Bennett to your 1st by much more than a lot. Keep your magoc beans, this is terrible for the Flames.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad