GDT: Montreal Canadiens vs Washington Capitals-1/24/13 7pm EST-RDS(HD),TSN-Habs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halifaxhab*

I am interested to see how the young guys do without the last change. How MT gets his matchups out there. I am really excited to see if Galchenyuk can show us more, and if Gallagher can replicated or even improve on that 1st game. BGally did everything that he did in the AHL, he translated his game well, especially with Prust helping on that line.

The 1st line, well, they need to get producing or it's time to shift guys around. And in a way I hope it happens, just so that we can see how DD fares with other wingers.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
We have a hard time beating the Caps since we eliminated them in the playoffs. I don't have a good feeling about this one.

boris4c

Quid infantes sumus.
Dec 13, 2009
Ottawa, Canada
So who is starting for the Capitals? Holtby has been horrible so far in this season so I would be shocked if he starts. Some people have said it will be Neuvirth, but the GDT's first post still says Holtby (which would be good news for us).

Expect an exciting and fast game. On Tuesday I also watched Winnipeg vs. Washington and the game was tremendous with incredible pace and barely any whistles. The Caps were hungry for a goal even though they were down 4-1 and kept piling on the pressure until the end but Pavelec made some nice saves. It felt like one of those WJC games.

I expect them to be just as hungry tonight, so Price will need to offer another great performance.

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
Big test tonight. First road game, much tougher opponent. At least on paper. It'll be interesting to see how Therrien matches up his lines with the last change. I don't think the Caps want to give Gally and Chucky an easy ride. I'd like to see the DD-Cole-Patches line click a bit more tonight. They were better in the second game than in the first but still a ways away from what we saw last year. Hopefully they are better tonight. Kind of game where you'll probably need your vets to step up.

One thing I'd love to see is for that whiny Mike Ribeiro to lose. I don't want to see him beat the Habs I can't stand the guy.

Do it boys!

SeriousHabs

Oct 25, 2011
Montreal
For the people who are in Montreal and watch the games on Game Centre Live with a VPN, were you able to get the RDS feed vs Panthers? I had to watch it on their feed.

Talks to Goalposts

Apr 8, 2011
Edmonton
I've just realised that I didn't really look at our first lines matchup in the last two games.. Anyobody knows if they got sheltered?

No, Therrien has been using them as a regular top 6 unit. Plekanec plays tougher matchups though.

In Florida they used a similar linematching system to late 2010-11. Pleks plays shutdown, Desharnais is in Gomez's role, Galchenyuk plays Desharnais role.

Eller played like Halpern when he was in the lineup, defensive role on secondary matchups.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
This is a must game for Washington. They will play very hard.

I'd be suprised if Montreal wins. If they do, Cap will have a hell of a time trying to make the playoffs.

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
@MAGodin
Alexei Emelin will play with a cage for 3 more weeks. While in KHL he got an elbow in the part of his face where he's got titanium plates.

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
if I were him I'd just wear it at all times. With his style of play there are a couple of dangers: accidental contact from all the contact he initiates or some bonehead (Malone) coming after him despite his hits usually being clean.

PricePkPatch*

@MAGodin
Alexei Emelin will play with a cage for 3 more weeks. While in KHL he got an elbow in the part of his face where he's got titanium plates.

Man... Getting titanium implant means you are much softer...

Reality Sucks!!!

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
I think the Caps are ripe for the taking. Kick'em while they're down I say. With a sustained effort like Tuesday, I can see them winning this 4-2. Cole will get his first, so will Max Pac.

Emelin, titanium plates makes him the Hab's Borg, so opposing players should remember, resistance is futile.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Can't wait for Alexei Emeltitanium to crush Ribeiro, totally forgot he got traded to Washington in the off-season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad