Pre-Game Talk: Montreal Canadiens vs NYR - Wednesday 7PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Rangers biggest strength I think is able to play any kind of game. They could go up and down with the offense but are also very comfortable grinding out tight games against physical teams. Makes no difference who they play, fast or physical teams they can adjust either way. That's why they are always a tough out in the playoffs, they are tough to beat in 7 game series.

Last edited:

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
It seems like the habs have passed every major test this season so far, including one against the rangers earlier in the year.

Habs may be due to lose one here.

mattyboy

What Up With That?
Jun 26, 2013
not scared of NYR whatsoever. they're playing over their heads right now with outstanding goaltending and unsustainable shooting%.
Price has unbelievable numbers against them so not worried at all.
but still should be a good game.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Easy shutout for Lundqvist.

Gotta get the jinx in early. His stats are impressive but we can beat him.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
No way in hell DSP lasts on the top line. He'll be luck if he lasts this whole game or gets another game.

It should be Semin, Holloway, or Ghetto.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Always a great test against these guys. We totally dominated them early on. Habs will have their hands full

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
No way in hell DSP lasts on the top line. He'll be luck if he lasts this whole game or gets another game.

It should be Semin, Holloway, or Ghetto.
Agreed, not sure why our coach makes some of these kinds of decisions...:help:

Always a tough game vs the Rangers, they are especially tough at the dark and dingy MSG...

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Always a great test against these guys. We totally dominated them early on. Habs will have their hands full

I don't think it's the same team we faced early on confidence level-wise. NYR has lost only one game in regulation (16GP) since we beat them on Oct 15th.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Last few games Price didn't seem at the top of his form and with us losing Gallagher and Mitchell.... this might be a tough one for us.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
This will be a very big test. With some key injuries and Price getting back into things it will be interesting to see what happens.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Big opportunity for the call up/s. Hope for a good battle. Price has traditionally out-battled Lundy, if I'm not mistaken. Either way a good close game is okay by me.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Last few games Price didn't seem at the top of his form and with us losing Gallagher and Mitchell.... this might be a tough one for us.

I think that's realistic. I'd be content with one point. But you never know, it's not impossible for the Habs to win.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
I think that's realistic. I'd be content with one point. But you never know, it's not impossible for the Habs to win.

Rangers are firing on all cylinders atm, and we're not as sharp as we were at the beginning of the season. But if the leafs can beat the stars twice... anything can happen !

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
The Rangers are one of the few teams in the league that can skate with us and be faster. I always hate playing against Kreider, never know what he might do. The key for us is to score more goals than them and then we win.:nod:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad