GDT: Montreal Canadiens vs New York Rangers- 2/19/13 7:00pm EST TSN-Habs,RDS(HD),TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
I don't understand the complaints. Thought Habs had edge in play and it was plenty entertaining for me. Better than endless powerplays.

iamthewalrus

Aug 1, 2010
Connecticut
Completely serious question guys, sorry if I sound kind of ignorant...French is the primary language of Montreal, correct? Is there a particular reason this board is, from what I've seen, in 100% English? Is it board rules, or just out of consideration of those not from a French-speaking country/city?

Strictly curiosity.

Otherwise, super lame game so far :thumbd: hopefully it picks up in the second

Pigems*

Someone needs to tell boullion he's not subban. Stop ****ing around give it to pk and let him do his thing. He's there to be the backup for when subban goes up not the other way around

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
Completely serious question guys, sorry if I sound kind of ignorant...French is the primary language of Montreal, correct? Is there a particular reason this board is, from what I've seen, in 100% English? Is it board rules, or just out of consideration of those not from a French-speaking country/city?

Strictly curiosity.

Just want you to know that (although there are alot of people on this board who aren't from Montreal) Montreal is very bilingual. A lot of it's citizens are able to communicate in English and French.. Neither are we forced to speak a certain language.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Just want you to know that (although there are alot of people on this board who aren't from Montreal) Montreal is very bilingual. A lot of it's citizens are able to communicate in English and French.. Neither are we forced to speak a certain language.

Also, this is an english language site.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York

Strictly curiosity.

Although French is the sole official language of Quebec and the language of an overwhelming majority, Montreal is very bilingual and while under 20% of the Island might speak it as a first language, it's much more common downtown and the city effectively functions bilingually.

And this is an English language site.

iamthewalrus

Aug 1, 2010
Connecticut

Alright, cool thanks. I knew Montreal is quite bilingual, I was just curious as to why I never see any French. Rangers fan, btw, if my ignorance didn't make that blatantly obvious :laugh:

EDIT: Also, I figured the site had something to do with it.

PKsubbydoo

Get that garbage....
Aug 24, 2012
How do the Rangers expect to win with 5 shots on Price.

unfortunately i would bet on pricey to let in the odd goal in a low shooting game cant really back this up because i didnt watch the first but im not expecting a low shooting game in the last 40

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
I know, I know..captain obvious here, but Brian Gionta is clearly on the downside of his career. Just not the same player anymore.

I don't think he's an ideal top 6 forward anymore.

Apr 28, 2010
Someone needs to tell boullion he's not subban. Stop ****ing around give it to pk and let him do his thing. He's there to be the backup for when subban goes up not the other way around

i think im the only one who likes bouillon's skating this season. he wasnt like this before.

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
I know, I know..captain obvious here, but Brian Gionta is clearly on the downside of his career. Just not the same player anymore.

You think maybe he didn't have a good recovery from his surgery?

Random stat: Montreal hasn't allowed a goal in the first period in 113:27 of first period time.

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
Alright, cool thanks. I knew Montreal is quite bilingual, I was just curious as to why I never see any French. Rangers fan, btw, if my ignorance didn't make that blatantly obvious :laugh:

No problem. But as the others said, being that this is an english site, is the primary reason why alot of people speak English on the board.

Just felt like I had to state that Montreal is actually pretty bilingual. Nothing wrong with French people. I work and love them all. But the misconception that some Americans [and even some Canadians] have that the city is uni-lingual is annoying. This city is very very multiculturual. At times, I would even say I hear certain languages far more often than I hear French or English!

Anyway off-topic!! I should know better.

Boardish

Mar 3, 2004

EDIT: Also, I figured the site had something to do with it.

Yeah, we are not allowed to write in French (or any other language) on HFboards. I would say the big majority of the habs board speak french as their first language though.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York

I'm not sure I like the idea of both him AND Cole going forward.

No problem. But as the others said, being that this is an english site, is the primary reason why alot of people speak English on the board.

Just felt like I had to state that Montreal is actually pretty bilingual. Nothing wrong with French people. I work and love them all. But the misconception that some Americans [and even some Canadians] have that the city is uni-lingual is annoying. This city is very very multiculturual. At times, I would even say I hear certain languages far more often than I hear French or English!

Anyway off-topic!! I should know better.

Obviously depends on where in Montreal you are of course, pockets of downtown and the West Island are less French than Manhattan, other parts of the city are only French, and others you are more likely to hear Italian or Portuguese than French. And as far as the bilingual core goes, it's something to be proud of.

And it's intermission, so we are good until this gets political...

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004

Told my wife exactly that like 15 minutes ago. I don't mind him if he plays (and is played) as a 6th Dman. Played as a #3 and #4, and on the PP, he really gets on my nerves.

Pretty much the only thing I hold against MT so far though, so whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad