HF Habs: Montreal Canadiens Training Camp (Roster & Pre-Season Schedule in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
He's creative but unless he dumps players that nobody wants it's not happening.
Dach is not even signed
Insiders are saying that Dach will be done before camp — nothing to see there.

You’re right about dumps when it comes to longer term contracts but expiring contracts with 50% retention can be moved now, if a suitor doesn’t want to wait for the TDL.

Reactions: Sterling Archer

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
What would be your kpi for him staying up? Eye test? Production? Chemistry?
15+ minutes, pp time and noticeable improvement week by week. Just want to see him dominate not flounder like so many other 1sts we’ve had even tho I’m sure he will dominate and impress as the shiny new toy during training camp.

Reactions: Naslundforever

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
15+ minutes, pp time and noticeable improvement week by week. Just want to see him dominate not flounder like so many other 1sts we’ve had even tho I’m sure he will dominate and impress as the shiny new toy during training camp.
So more about what situations he’s put in and the progress he’s tracking, makes sense.

Reactions: McGees

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
I expect Dach to get hurt on the first tee box , wrist or back. Season ending

django.gif

disappointed.gif

...yup, I'm a dumbass...as usual, feel free to ignore my incoherent babble...:laugh:

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Insiders are saying that Dach will be done before camp — nothing to see there.

You’re right about dumps when it comes to longer term contracts but expiring contracts with 50% retention can be moved now, if a suitor doesn’t want to wait for the TDL.
who wants to pay Drouin , Dadonov , Armia or Hoffman right now tho even at 50%.
Salary cap is so limited for almost everyone except like 3-4 teams who are rebuilding who holds all the cards right now.

Anyways Slaf is not remotely close to play in the nhl , so the trades don't really matter. Unless we pull the Trigger on Dvorak or Anderson I can't see any movements at this moment.

• Haha
Reactions: Guy Larose

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
I expect Dach to get hurt on the first tee box , wrist or back. Season ending
Don’t really know why there’s comments like that like he’s always injured when he only had one injury…

Salary cap is so limited for almost everyone except like 3-4 teams who are rebuilding who holds all the cards right now.

Anyways Slaf is not remotely close to play in the nhl , so the trades don't really matter. Unless we pull the Trigger on Dvorak or Anderson I can't see any movements at this moment.

You know that how?

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Hugues is probably waiting til the end before giving a contract to Dach. He is probably working on nego/trades, cause signing Dach right now, it just get the cap space tighter, so there is no hurry to make it. To have a cap space tighter limit levrage of negociation with other team

Reactions: Berri UQAM

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Armia snd Hoffman are not expiring contracts and should not be lumped with the others who are expiring and who may be moveable.

Where are you getting that Slaf is not “remotely close” to play in the NHL? We had someone post something about how the Habs have the opposite take. We shall soon find out.

bishop12

Ovyously
Dec 1, 2006
I think Slaf surprise many...............9 games and we will know.
If not, no biggie, he goes to the AHL and we see him later in the year, or next season.
I mean, he might not 50 goals season 1...that's a fair assessment. And you might send him down to dummy the AHL...that I can get behind...but he's def one of the top 600 most talented hockey player on earth.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Armia snd Hoffman are not expiring contracts and should not be lumped with the others who are expiring and who may be moveable.

Where are you getting that Slaf is not “remotely close” to play in the NHL? We had someone post something about how the Habs have the opposite take. We shall soon find out.
Ya….he was not a happy camper when we drafted Slaf so expect a lot of criticism and a short leash on everything Slaf does this year.

I honestly am expecting the “we never should have drafted him, what a waste of a pick” the second he goes on a scoring drought combined with Wright finding success….(it’s going to happen and I’ll make a point of reminding you when we cross that bridge)

I’m so on board with taking it easy with Slaf, let him progress at his pace and we’ll go with that no matter the curve.

You know that how?
He doesn’t…..it’s just a hissy fit….it’ll pass lol

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
1st overall pick, 6'4 230, won the Olympic MVP...but he's not close? lol Then 75% of the Habs aren't NHLers.

I mean, he might not 50 goals season 1...that's a fair assessment. And you might send him down to dummy the AHL...that I can get behind...but he's def one of the top 600 most talented hockey player on earth.

To me, the guy has never been given a silver spoon and always had to force his way in (Liiga, OG, WC and hell the draft was the first time he got to wear a suit) so we shouldn't start now.

Pencil him in the AHL and force him to show you he's already above that. If not, start him there and let him shove his way up like he's always done.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
When do the rookies hit the ice?

Their camp starts next Wednesday on the 14th, athough we don't know if those will only be the medicals or if it will have on-ice sessions. However, next Thursday on the 15th, they play their first game against the Sabres' rookies. We also don't know yet if the games will be streamed anywhere. We should get those answers by next week.

Here is the thread for the rookie camp/tournament: Rookie Tournament Thread (Sept 14th-20th, Buffalo, NY)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad