Montreal Canadiens First Round Opponent What If

ourobouros

Sep 29, 2009
All those would be easy opponents except for the Islanders

uh? why?

edit : nabokov can be good, but is not better than Rask, Anderson, lundqvist... and even if Tavares/Moulson are a deadly combo, it take more than that to win in playoffs... so, why?

Last edited:

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
I'd throw out the regular season stats in the playoffs. Montreal went 8-0 against boston in 2007-2008, but needed 7 games to eliminate them in the 1st round.

All these teams present different challenges for Montreal. Winnipeg is probably the most favourable matchup, but that is a highly unlikely one. The Islanders have a deadly PP, something the habs struggle to contain. The leafs present beefy wingers with a nice blend of speed and skill. The rangers are similar to the leafs with a little less speed but much more proven goaltending. Ottawa has goaltending that can get super hot, and still have enough impact players in the lineup to cause concern.

I'd prefer them like this

1. Winnipeg
2. Islanders
3. Sens
4. Leafs
5. Rangers

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
I fail to see how Toronto has any of the skill or depth required of a playoff team. They don't really scare me... the only we'll lose is if we beat ourselves with reckless defensive play.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
I fail to see how Toronto has any of the skill or depth required of a playoff team. They don't really scare me... the only we'll lose is if we beat ourselves with reckless defensive play.

Well, they have grabovski who plays up to another level against the habs, kadri has kinda broken out, and kessel can be dangerous too. There's some speed in spades. While they don't possess the same depth in that regard, they do have other dimesnions to their game that can come into play.

There's another wildcard in all of this. Rivalry series usually brings out a bit more unpredictability in terms of the outcome. We've seen that with montreal/boston alot going back many years. The most recent example being philly/pit last year. They are gong show matchups.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
I don't give a ****. Got to beat the best to be the best (nice cliche). Bring on whoever. this team is playing with house money. want home ice though, would be very difficult for opposing teams to play at the BC

Apr 28, 2010
I hate speculations. It doesn't really matter who we face. POs is a new, different season. Anybody can win. Someone might upset us too. Who knows. But bring it on! I'm ready.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad