GDT: Montreal Canadiens @ Calgary Flames, 12/22/17 @ 9PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Got to wrap up holiday shopping tomorrow, thus I'm putting this up early. Didn't have time to go through a major Photoshop project, so I've slapped together a highly executive-level statistical analysis to quiet all the Bergevin haters here. This is a rock-solid report, so I challenge anyone to debate this.

I am hoping MB sees this and hires me as their analytical expert as it is my dream and mission to work for Bergevin's team.

stats.jpg

Probable Line-Ups
Pacioretty - Drouin - Byron
Galchenyuk - Danault - Shaw
Hudon - Plekanec - Gallagher
Deslauriers - Froese - Carr

Alzner - Petry
Benn - Schlemko
Morrow - Jerabek

Price

Last Game

Go :habs Go

Last edited:

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
I just came here to share a thought : Morrow is really bad and is never going to be a decent NHLer. never. ever. like never. waste of a roster spot. I'd personally prefer a scarecrow or something that behaves (or stands still) in a predictable way and that can't make mistakes despite being just as immobile as a morrow.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Used to be a time when it was a big deal when the fabled CH went to the west coast. Now its a cast of waiver wire pickups, weird FA signings, and players in their unnatural positions plus a really well paid goalie.

Oh but Byron and Gally usually play well in Calgary, so there's that.

5-1 Calgary, Price wants to finish shopping.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Wasn’t going to post in this thread because my interest is dying fast this team but Sandviper is always great for a GDT so I’ll give him his props and leave it at that.

Honestly, though I still love the team, this current edition top to bottom has sapped a lot of the joy out of me. I sat in front of Photoshop for like a good 10 minutes trying to think of something but it's one thing to joke about the problems... it's another to have to continue living with them. So, I figured I'd look at the team with complete blinders on and focus on the positives :)

Reactions: ArsHabs

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
I'm expecting we get an Alberta beatdown,

Calgary wins this one easily......5-1

And Edmonton humiliates us again with Niemi in net

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
It would be nice to see Lernout get a serious look.
Habs are going nowhere fast....might as well play the kids.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I expect we'll lose, but I'm watching. Hopefully Lernout actually plays.

Price named the starter. I wonder if Price is going to play the back to back again or if they're going to start Niemi tomorrow?

Oh well... hoping it's at least an interesting game. I believe Hamonic is out for Calgary.

4-2 Calgary. Carr & Hudon.

Gallagher is in a huge slump right now pts & scoring wise.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Having people over to watch the game and have a few festive drinks. Should be good times.

Hopefully they get here early enough so that we can play FIFA and forget about the Habs game though.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I expect we'll lose, but I'm watching. Hopefully Lernout actually plays.

Price named the starter. I wonder if Price is going to play the back to back again or if they're going to start Niemi tomorrow?

Oh well... hoping it's at least an interesting game. I believe Hamonic is out for Calgary.

4-2 Calgary. Carr & Hudon.

Gallagher is in a huge slump right now pts & scoring wise.

Habs won’t win either games this weekend but might as well try and win the first one. What a mess this team has become. If that clueless coach plays Morrow over Lernout it won’t surprise me, par for the course.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Got to wrap up holiday shopping tomorrow, thus I'm putting this up early. Didn't have time to go through a major Photoshop project, so I've slapped together a highly executive-level statistical analysis to quiet all the Bergevin haters here. This is a rock-solid report, so I challenge anyone to debate this.

View attachment 89277

Probable Line-Ups
Pacioretty - Drouin - Byron
Galchenyuk - Danault - Shaw
Hudon - Plekanec - Gallagher
Deslauriers - Froese - Carr

Alzner - Petry
Benn - Schlemko
Morrow - Jerabek

Price

Hey Sandviper, I just finished up my Christmas shopping an hour ago did everything online. My final purchase?A $325.00+ monster truck for under $135 bucks .
Here's my new ride CLICK HERE>YouSavea
Wish i was a kid again..lol

lol.. hopefully we don't get run over by a monster truck tonight!!!

Paul Byron goes wild tonight 3 goals ...
Final score 5 -3...lol ...I won't pick a winner...lol
Merry Christmas to all Hab fans on Hfboards

Last edited:
Reactions: sandviper

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
Sandviper,

Awesome GDT. You alwways make me smile with your great stats and satire.

Keep up the good work !! To be honest I look forward to your GDT more then anything related to the habs at this point.

nilan30

Jan 14, 2004
Carr has made the difference to that 4th line. Have to acknowledge no GM can outwit MB in 4th line player acquisitions, Deslauriers looks like a good one.

They should create a new position for him. Director of Fourth Line Development

Reactions: Forum93

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Honestly, though I still love the team, this current edition top to bottom has sapped a lot of the joy out of me. I sat in front of Photoshop for like a good 10 minutes trying to think of something but it's one thing to joke about the problems... it's another to have to continue living with them. So, I figured I'd look at the team with complete blinders on and focus on the positives :)

In GDTs, there's no substitute for clever. You always bring it... in spades. Great work @sandviper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad