Montreal Canadiens at Ottawa Senators [] 7PM [] CityTV/SNE/TVAS [] Edition Bataille Royale [] More fights than goals let in by Korpisalo

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road

The Senators held an optional skate this morning ahead of facing the Lightning. Interim head coach Jacques Martin mentioned that Tim Stützle will still be unavailable to play tonight and that Anton Forsberg will be starting in net. Otherwise the team should line up how they did Tuesday night against the Panthers.

1713020528135.png

1713020682976.png

By the numbers

Last 10​

Senators 6-4-0

Canadiens 5-4-1

GoalsBrady Tkachuk (35)Nick Suzuki (33)
AssistsTim Stützle (52)Nick Suzuki (43)
PointsBrady Tkachuk / Tim Stützle (70)Nick Suzuki (76)
+/-Ridly Greig (+13)Johnathan Kovacevic (+11)
PIMBrady Tkachuk (132)Arber Xhekaj (81)
Power play goalsBrady Tkachuk (10)Nick Suzuki (12)
Short-handed goalsClaude Giroux / Parker Kelly (2)Joel Armia (2)

1713020774560.png

1713020784871.png

Reactions: guyzeur

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
This game is pretty much a must-lose and could mean the difference between two spots in the draft. Potentially an elite player versus a very good player.

Therefore I expect a dominant win by the Sens. 6-0.

• Haha
Reactions: LiseL and Agent Zub

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
This game is pretty much a must-lose and could mean the difference between two spots in the draft. Potentially an elite player versus a very good player.

Therefore I expect a dominant win by the Sens. 6-0.

The difference between finishing 28th vs 26th is a 4% difference at picking in the top 2.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
The difference between finishing 28th vs 26th is a 4% difference at picking in the top 2.
How bout chance at picking top 5? I'm guessing it's a far larger difference, and the difference between 5 and 7 could very well be the difference between elite versus very good in any given draft.

Reactions: DrEasy

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
How bout chance at picking top 5? I'm guessing it's a far larger difference, and the difference between 5 and 7 could very well be the difference between elite versus very good in any given draft.

Ottawa is trading that #5 pick. Need help now, not from a rookie in 2027

Reactions: asw

SquidNasty

Dec 8, 2021
Ottawa is trading that #5 pick. Need help now, not from a rookie in 2027
Prospect pool is ranked bottom 3 by most publications there’s no chance.

Lurked on the Habs board and they’re all going for a loss tonight. Also accusing us of tanking the game by sitting Stützle which is hilarious. He really lives rent free in Habs land.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009

Lurked on the Habs board and they’re all going for a loss tonight. Also accusing us of tanking the game by sitting Stützle which is hilarious. He really lives rent free in Habs land.

6th worst team in the league. No playoffs for 6 years. The Sens need help on the ice in Ottawa NOW

I actually see them:
- trading #5 for a RD
- trading Chychryn for a 1st round pick.

(So basically just moving back in the draft and still keeping two 1st round selections and adding the top pairing RD)

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
6th worst team in the league. No playoffs for 6 years. The Sens need help on the ice in Ottawa NOW

I actually see them:
- trading #5 for a RD
- trading Chychryn for a 1st round pick.

(So basically just moving back in the draft and still keeping two 1st round selections and adding the top pairing RD)

Nearly every team in the league needs RD. Good luck finding a high quality RD in a trade.

As for the game tonight....feels like it's going to be a 3-pointer. Cause, why not....

SquidNasty

Dec 8, 2021
We traded our first 2 years in a row and losing one in a couple of years yet you want to trade a potential top 5 pick?

No chance it happens, fanbase would be livid.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009

Major difference is Montreal fans are happy with their season and progress, they have good vibes for their rebuild.

Ottawa rebuild sucks. Fans not happy. Players not happy. Not Going well.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
We traded our first 2 years in a row and losing one in a couple of years yet you want to trade a potential top 5 pick?

No chance it happens, fanbase would be livid.

What fans would be livid? This team let Alfie walk and 5 minutes later was like “OHHH, Bobby Ryan is coming, this is great”

Here’s a stat to get you excited for Defensive prospects:

Jamie Drysdale
Drafted 4 years ago
Philly playoff run:
21 games, -17, 2 ES points

Phillip Broberg
8th overall 5 years ago
10 games this year - 0 points

Is this help or is this just drafting?

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
What fans would be livid? This team let Alfie walk and 5 minutes later was like “OHHH, Bobby Ryan is coming, this is great”

Here’s a stat to get you excited for Defensive prospects:

Jamie Drysdale
Drafted 4 years ago
Philly playoff run:
21 games, -17, 2 ES points

Phillip Broberg
8th overall 5 years ago
10 games this year - 0 points

Is this help or is this just drafting
Interesting... I wonder if there were any other D picked just ahead of those guys...

Jake Sanderson
Drafted 5th overall 4 years ago

Moritz Seider
Drafted 6th overall 5 years ago

Reactions: SquidNasty

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
We need to keep the pick because by the time Korpisalo is off the books we'll be able to give the kid a proper raise.

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
Of all the teams I’m “supposed” to hate as a Sens fan I probably hate Montreal the least, possibly because I lived there a few years and still have connections and visit often.

Tonight though, it will be a first hoping they eek out a competitive regulation win against us

Reactions: DrEasy

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Interesting... I wonder if there were any other D picked just ahead of those guys...

Jake Sanderson
Drafted 5th overall 4 years ago

Moritz Seider
Drafted 6th overall 5 years ago

Yes fine. Jack Sanderson spent 2 years in college and was a decent rookie but not a difference maker.

We could turn that #5 pick into a legit impact Dman for game 1 next year who won’t bust right now, or wait 3 years for a rookie Dman who won’t have any impact for another season.

I’m not sure about you, but I’m not willing to wait 2 more years to see a rookie who isn’t that great not make an impact on a playoff run.

We are 6 years into this. Drafting alone doesn’t work. Look at every franchise who has won a Cup, they have all traded top picks and top players. Nothing to be afraid of, you just have to get it right

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Yes fine. Jack Sanderson spent 2 years in college and was a decent rookie but not a difference maker.

We could turn that #5 pick into a legit impact Dman for game 1 next year who won’t bust right now, or wait 3 years for a rookie Dman who won’t have any impact for another season.

I’m not sure about you, but I’m not willing to wait 2 more years to see a rookie who isn’t that great not make an impact on a playoff run.

We are 6 years into this. Drafting alone doesn’t work. Look at every franchise who has won a Cup, they have all traded top picks and top players. Nothing to be afraid of, you just have to get it right
Well, there ya go. We have already done that many times and failed miserably in every instance.

Reactions: SquidNasty

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Well, there ya go. We have already done that many times and failed miserably in every instance.

Can’t be scared, you gotta have faith in the new managers that they’ll get it right. This isn’t Dorion just making it up as she goes along to keep Brady Takchuk happy - we have a real management team now. They’ll get it right

SquidNasty

Dec 8, 2021
Of all the teams I’m “supposed” to hate as a Sens fan I probably hate Montreal the least, possibly because I lived there a few years and still have connections and visit often.

Tonight though, it will be a first hoping they eek out a competitive regulation win against us
Same boat for me. Also not buying into the Detroit hate, I swear it’s just a thing for terminally on Twitter Sens fans because most I’ve spoken to IRL don’t really care for the Wings.

We’ve been irrelevant for so long that besides the Leafs we don’t really have a proper rival. Makes me sad… those Habs series in the 2010s were awesome.

Reactions: Butchy Dakkar

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Can’t be scared, you gotta have faith in the new managers that they’ll get it right. This isn’t Dorion just making it up as she goes along to keep Brady Takchuk happy - we have a real management team now. They’ll get it right
I do have faith in the new managers that they'll get it right. That's why I'm not taking the talking point that we will trade our pick seriously.

PS, can you point to the history of successful trades involving top 5-7 picks for immediate help?

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I do have faith in the new managers that they'll get it right. That's why I'm not taking the talking point that we will trade our pick seriously.

PS, can you point to the history of successful trades involving top 5-7 picks for immediate help?

Ottawa traded Nick Ritchie (bust at #10) and Bowen Byran (good player) but obviously neither move worked for Ottawa. Edmonton trading Barzal for Reinhart also a bust but Ottawa I’m assuming will be trading for established players.

Montreal traded their guy because of an offer sheet - I guess the point is a lot of these guys bust or take a long time to just be alright players. There will be steals in this draft between #5-10 and we may miss on a could have been ours, but I think the time is now. We aren’t going to be a young team for much longer and waiting 3-4 years for that #5 pick to help to me isn’t where we are at. Need help now, help seal up the leaks and finally solve the RD for this team and get and established top player for this team now

I want Ottawa to improve their starting 5. Zub to me isn’t a legit starting lineup guy. Want to see an improved starting 5 on opening night that is as good as any teams.

Tkachuk - Stutzle - Batherson
Sanderson - Anderson

Ekholm is a +41 for Edmonton this year and has 44 points - that gets me way more excited for this team then a RD from junior hockey who is 4 years away

Last edited:
Reactions: asw

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad