Montreal Canadiens are the most successful Canadian franchise in the last 20 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moose Head

Mar 12, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
It wasn't lol. Montreal was shit in 19-20 and shit in 21-22. 20-21? They were a shit team that wouldn't have made the playoffs under normal conferences. That's a fact. They then rode Price and Weber having probably the best hockey of their careers to the SCFs.

But I guess you gotta pretend they were a decent team to justify that they're easily the worst SCF team in the cap era, if not much longer. :dunno:

Teams play better when their best players are available and they play their best. Amazing concept you got there.

Reactions: SheldonJPlankton

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
As a Leafs fan and admittedly the worst of the bunch, I don’t think that infographic is an invitation for Habs fans to flex on their glorious modern success. More a reminder that the whole country, if you think of Canadian teams as any sort of a bloc, needs to be better 2024 and beyond.

I'd honestly argue Vancouver has been the most successful in the time frame. They at least made it to Game 7 of the finals and had a Presidents Trophy winning year.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
When you offer nothing but a make-believe and wildly inaccurate story, you get what you get.

Nothing about them being a bad team the year before or after is wildly inaccurate. Nor is the fact that in normal conferences they wouldn't have clinched a playoff spot that year.

But sure. "Wildly inaccurate". :thumbu:

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Nothing about them being a bad team the year before or after is wildly inaccurate. Nor is the fact that in normal conferences they wouldn't have clinched a playoff spot that year.

But sure. "Wildly inaccurate". :thumbu:
So... you're saying the Habs 2020/21 roster wasn't that good because of different Habs rosters from other seasons?? Sorry... what?

Honestly, you must realize you have no case here.

Last edited:
Reactions: viceroy

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
So... you're saying the Habs 2020/21 roster wasn't that good because of different Habs rosters from other seasons?? Sorry... what?

Honestly, you must realize you have no case here.
I'm saying they're not good because they weren't good. This isn't difficult to understand.

They were a mediocre team that benefitted from playing in a shit division under rules that didn't apply in a normal season.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
As a Leafs fan and admittedly the worst of the bunch, I don’t think that infographic is an invitation for Habs fans to flex on their glorious modern success. More a reminder that the whole country, if you think of Canadian teams as any sort of a bloc, needs to be better 2024 and beyond.

The thread wasn't started by a Habs fan. We're not flexing, it's just that this thread turned into a Habs bashing thread.

Kind of ironically it's by fans of many on that list below the Habs.

HabsQC

Sep 27, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
I'd honestly argue Vancouver has been the most successful in the time frame. They at least made it to Game 7 of the finals and had a Presidents Trophy winning year.

Habs made it to game 5 and were 2nd in the league at some point (2015 I think). Not as good but fairly similar

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I'm saying they're not good because they weren't good. This isn't difficult to understand.

They were a mediocre team that benefitted from playing in a shit division under rules that didn't apply in a normal season.
I suggest you quit while you're behind. The Earth isn't flat, no matter how many times you say it is.

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017

In a shit division that had the leafs and jets who were riding high.....but yes, we then beat those 2 teams and toppled Vegas, who defeated colorado.

But yes....keep going...

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
Now this really surprises me.....I would never have thought the habs were overall the most successful of the Canadian teams these last many years.....

MVP of West Hollywd

Oct 28, 2008
Surprising how close the results for Montreal, Edmonton, Calgary (since 2004), Ottawa and Vancouver have been, Winnipeg can blame being around less time, which leaves the Maple Leafs as the runt. I think if Edmonton gets to WCF they will be 1st which is sad considering they had one of the ultimate inept stretches

Reactions: viceroy and HabsQC

HabsQC

Sep 27, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
I feel bad for you guys because we surely sucked ass during that timeframe.

This is why Carey Price should be considered as a great goalie.

HM to Halak as well for 2 of those series wins

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Jee

uwu
Aug 25, 2006
Montréal
Don't care, still flexing.

FF9Od7FXMAAEm9Q.jpg:large

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC

Your argument would be wrong. The Habs also have a final and more final four finishes. I don't even think Vancouver has one outside of 2011.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
I mean...not only are they the greatest Canadian franchise if the last 20 years....they are also the greatest anything franchise of all time. Obvious facts don't make me feel any better during our current slump.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad